Why I Teach

(Who knows how this will turn out. An impossible topic allows some latitude in the exploration, yes? I mean, what do I have to lose? ) To try to explain why I teach seems impossible to me for several reasons. I never set out to be a teacher. They told me (you know, those folks…

From Open To Connected

It’s been gnawing on me over the last couple of years that in our haste to open up schooling, we may well have missed the greater and more important aims that “open” strives toward. And while there’s no way to protect words from being twisted or co-opted, the phenomena of “openwashing” and the long long…

Inquiry Project Final!

Teachings of Zen Buddhism   Zen Buddhism was founded based on the Japanese word Zen, for it means “meditation”. The teachings of Zen is to achieve enlighten by an insightful realization that we are already an enlightened being (Noone 27). This awareness does not happen gradually, but an instant spark of insight. During meditation; you…

What Goes Up Is Rapidly Coming Down

Danielle Gailey UNIV 200 Professor Walter G. Campbell 30 July 2014   What Goes Up Is Rapidly Coming Down         The main decoration for many parties is contributing to the extinction of the Earth’s second most abundant element (“The Element Helium”). Helium, a natural gas that was found on the sun before…

Communication Technology: Mobile Phones

Technology is the most fascinating word in this modern era. Some people are against the development of technology. Well the way they talk, they end up supporting technology but never admit that. Technology has made our lives easier and we have so many things that we do not even realize their importance until we do…

Ultra Rich Environment Reflection

It was brought to my attention that I never posted a reflection on the ultra rich environment assignment. I spent days trying different themes, and designs for my site. I first tried a typical website layout, however, I did not feel as if it helped bring attention to the content on my page. I flipped…

Finally!!

To view my Inquiry Project you’ll have to click —> this <— link! *Once you get to the website click the “Let’s Investigate” button and enjoy!!

Organic Augmentation

Steps Towards an Organic Augmentation in the 21st Century Enlightenment Doug Engelbart is one of the most impressive men I have ever had the opportunity to study. As a pioneer of the digital age, Engelbart was able to think into the next paradigm. Engelbart’s “Augmenting Human Intellect,” aimed at setting the framework for the…