where cultural capital meets content

Some of our Blog Posts

Here are the most recent posts from our group.

• Weekly Web Harvest for 2017-06-18

Why EdTech Sucks – Learning {Re}imagined – Medium old media vampires looking to drink young blood, a university department propped up by Pearson, and a zombie report generating agency that could be replaced by an AI CS4G Network Simulator Simulator game to teach the basics of network functions and security Datamoshing HOW TO DATAMOSH VIDEOS […]

• Weekly Web Harvest for 2017-06-11

• Weekly Web Harvest for 2017-06-04

Breathless – Futility Closet I wonder if this was the equivalent of IM speak translators for parents. —— Drawing it across the lips: Desiring an acquaintance Drawing it across the cheek: I love you Drawing it across the forehead: Look, we are watched Trump’s blocking of Twitter users violates U.S. Constitution: rights institute | Reuters […]

• Non-Standard Shapes- Another Odd WP JSON Display

It’s better to see this in the full page view but it grabs a WP JSON feed and makes up non-standard polygon shapes based on the posts using the featured image as the background. Try reloading the page and the shapes will change. If you hover over them they’ll behave in very odd ways as […]

• Running Multisite Like a Boss

This is the presentation I ended up doing at #domains17. I did slide-ish things over here but they probably didn’t include all the asides. We’ll see how well I do at including them in this post. I went down the Church of the Sub-Genius route sometime the night before. It remains to be seen whether […]

• iPad Robot Redemption

I freely admit to having mocked iPad robots on more than one occasion. My experience with them has largely been awkward encounters at conferences where they felt more like curiosities1 than anything with real purpose or impact.2 But . . . we recently ended up in a scenario where a student in Molly’s Artfulness class […]

• Weekly Web Harvest for 2017-05-28

anime.js – a Collection by Julian Garnier on CodePen A 1.4-Billion-Pixel Map of the Gulf of Mexico Seafloor – Eos The geology of the Gulf of Mexico (GOM) is dynamic, driven not by plate tectonics but by the movement of subsurface bodies of salt. Floating labels are problematic – Simple = Human – Medium Forms […]

• Ricoh Theta to YouTube 360 on a Mac

The easiest path for me to get Theta video on YouTube using a Mac ended up being . . . Change file from m4v to mov – just rename the file and confirm. Open the renamed video file with the Spatial Media Metadata Injector program Save it Upload to YouTube and wait a bit as […]

• WP Rest API Tips

Cowboy Jason Stanley performing a riding trick at the Round-Up, Pendleton, Oregon flickr photo by UW Digital Collections shared with no copyright restriction (Flickr Commons) I’ve been doing quite a bit more with the WordPress Rest API lately. There’s plenty of documentation and tutorials out there but most of it still feels a bit scattered […]

• Weekly Web Harvest for 2017-05-21

• WP JSON to Timeline JS

As part of some thoughts on building out a series of reflective views for student portfolio blogs, I thought seeing your WordPress posts in the TimelineJS view might be a useful way to look back over your progress. I intend to wrap this into a custom spreadsheet template and/or a plugin1 but figured I’d sketch […]

• Weekly Web Harvest for 2017-05-14

Judge rules emoji are proof of intent One piece of evidence used against the defendants was an emoji-filled text message they sent to Dahan, which mentioned the house and included the emoji chain “?.” Animating the Virtual DOM by sdrasner some really slick stuff in this Many pet rabbits will die in Second Life on Saturday […]