where cultural capital meets content

Some of our Blog Posts

Here are the most recent posts from our group.

• API Nirvana – Functional Details

I am way behind on blog posts. I’m also bad about telling the difference between blog posts I’ve written in my head and blog posts I’ve actually written. I am glad that being able to tell the difference between reality and fantasy is not that important. Sparked back to reality by this Tweet involving many […]

• Photography – Week 148

Not sure what they’re up to but . . . hey . . . TEAMWORK!

• Weekly Web Harvest for 2016-11-20

Shift Your Point of View to When America Was “Better” | FlowingData DISOBEDIENT ELECTRONICS: CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS | WIRED As a context, here is a list of some projects that would fit as “Disobedient Electronics”: – Natalie Jeremijenko – Feral Robotic Dogs – The Bureau of Inverse Technology – Suicide Box – Michelle Teran – […]

• Work This Week – Week 2

Flux Tower Data I’ve got some flux tower data. The chart above may mean something. I have no idea. I let Google make it. The stuff I want to do is a bit more complex. You can see elements of the interaction here and here. I’m also considering how much data I might be dealing […]

• Work This Week – Week 2

• Weekly Web Harvest for 2016-11-13

You have a goal. Todoist has a plan. How strong is a chimpanzee, really? Repeated tests in the 1960s confirmed this basic picture. A chimpanzee had, pound for pound, as much as twice the strength of a human when it came to pulling weights. The apes beat us in leg strength, too, despite our reliance […]

• Bringing the Byrd to Lyfe

It’s been such a treat to work with Faculty members Jill Ware, Events Coordinator & Building Manager for The Depot, and John Freyer from VCU’s Photography & Film Department. Since the inception of their RVArts: Cultural Passport course for the Spring 2016 semester, we’ve recorded interviews with world renowned artists, musicians, museum curators all, in some way, affiliated […]

• Work This Week – Week 1

Since I’ve been falling off on my weekly photo posts, I figure I’ll start a weekly work series. While that doesn’t seem to make sense . . . it does. I am really bad about keeping track of the good things, the progress, the little bits that add up. I am very good at looking […]

• Photography – Weeks 145, 146, 147

• Weekly Web Harvest for 2016-11-06

Episodes – Do Not Track Young Adolescents as Likely to Die From Suicide as From Traffic Accidents – The New York Times It is now just as likely for middle school students to die from suicide as from traffic accidents. That grim fact was published on Thursday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. […]

• Making sense of last night’s nonsense

When the going gets tough… I get reading. That’s how I cope and it’s how I spent much of my day today. In fact, I think I read everything on the Internet about the election. What follows is not my attempt to explain the outcome of last night’s election. It’s more my attempt to synthesize […]

• Making sense of last night’s nonsense