where cultural capital meets content

Some of our Blog Posts

Here are the most recent posts from our group.

• Defend Net Neutrality Plugin

I saw

• Photography #160

It’s been a good while since I’ve done one of these posts.

• Weekly Web Harvest for 2017-11-12

Strange and Curious Wills of the Georgian Era in the Canterbury Court – Geri Walton WILLIAM SHACKELL, ESQ. – Governor of Plymouth – 12 October 1782 “I desire that my body may be kept as long as it may not be offensive, and that one of my toes or fingers may be cut off to […]

• Weekly Web Harvest for 2017-11-12

• Headless(-ish) WordPress Example

This is a bit of an odd one but possibly odd enough to be interesting. The Scenario We can’t run WordPress on the University servers but we’ve got a bunch of people who have content on WordPress and like that editing experience. They also want VCU domains which are much harder to get for off-site […]

• YouTube Full Screen Player Page from Playlist

The request was that we do something interesting with the random screens we have scattered around our area. It seemed like it’d be easy to make a little full-page player for a YouTube playlist with some lightweight overlays to emphasize the connection with our department. Handling the videos displayed via a playlist makes it easy […]

• Weekly Web Harvest for 2017-11-05

Various – Don’t Trust Your Neighbors: Early Albanian Traditional Songs & Improvisations, 1920s-1930s (Vinyl, LP) at Discogs Various ?– Don’t Trust Your Neighbors: Early Albanian Traditional Songs & Improvisations, 1920s-1930s In the Land of Vendettas That Go On Forever | VQR Online Prenga burst into the station with his brother and a cabal of associates, […]

• Weekly Web Harvest for 2017-10-29

Theme 1: The information environment will not improve. The problem is human nature | Pew Research Center Theme 1: The information environment will not improve. The problem is human nature Why an (interactive) picture is worth a thousand numbers – O’Reilly Media Miriah Meyer explores how interactive visualizations can help us find meaning in mounds […]

• Weekly Web Harvest for 2017-10-22

The Massively Friendly World of Competitive Giant Pumpkin Growing – Atlas Obscura “We’re to the point where we pass out seeds, hand out information, invite everybody to come to our meetings and tell them everything we know,” Jutras says. “If people want to do the work, I hope they do and grow a personal best […]

• Weekly Web Harvest for 2017-10-15

Suspect In Would-Be Airport Bombing Nabbed With Help From REI : The Two-Way : NPR There was no video footage this time. And again, the man paid cash. But, Anderson writes, “the individual … used an REI membership number when paying.” An REI membership entitles a customer to 10 percent back on purchases every year. […]

• Weekly Web Harvest for 2017-10-15

• Weekly Web Harvest for 2017-10-08

youtube-dl/README.md at master · rg3/youtube-dl download youtube videos with many options from terminal h/t Wes Bos Typography in ten minutes | Butterick’s Practical Typography : if you learn and fol­low these five ty­pog­ra­phy rules, you will be a bet­ter ty­pog­ra­pher than 95% of pro­fes­sional writ­ers and 70% of pro­fes­sional de­sign­ers. (The rest of this book […]