Sometimes emails are eaten. Sometimes things get confusing. Sometimes you just need some help. If this is one of those times please enter your information below.

70 Responses to “Account Creation Fighting You?”

1. Mariam Mirza

Hi, I just registered for a new account. When I go to the page to log on it is telling me to put in my password. I did receive the link to go set up my account and password but does not allow me to set a password. Then keeps sending me an error that I want to keep resetting my password. Just needed to know how I am able to receive my password.

Thanks,

Mariam Mirza

• Profile photo of Tom Woodward

Tom Woodward

Mariam,

The easiest path is to request a new password at this link. Make sure you use either the plain vcu.edu or the mymail.vcu.edu – whichever one you signed up with. Give it a few minutes to send you the email.

If that fails for some reason, submit via the form and it’ll get taken care of.

• Sunhwa Yoon

So the link you sent is a link that sends the same link that sends the same link….

So what keeps happening to me is I get the link to reset my password, then it just sends the link to my email, which brings me back to the page which sends the same link. Its a perpetuating cycle.

2. Daniel Dillon

When I clicked on the link that is supposed to activate my account, it asks for an activation key that I was not provided with in the email. I tried to restart the whole process but it will not allow me to create an account with the same email address. Just wanted to know what I should do to either activate my account or create a password, which I cannot do either.

3. Shalma Akther

To whom it may concern,

Hi I have just recently created an account for Rampages. I was wondering how I change the template. I selected one that is not relevant to me and I want to delete that and have a basic one. Do I need to delete my account and redo one? Please help. Thank you.

• Profile photo of Tom Woodward

Tom Woodward

Shalma,

You can change the theme under Appearance>Themes. If you chose the full template, that’ll change the look but the content will remain. You can just delete that stuff if you want or you can start over.

4. Andrew Goetzingerar

I mad an account in early october and i cant remember my password, how do i access my account.

• Profile photo of Tom Woodward

Tom Woodward

Just use your email to request a new password here. Make sure you use the same vcu.edu or mymail.vcu.edu account you used to sign up. The system doesn’t treat them the same.

5. Kat

I created a Ram Page account yesterday and then deleted it after i realized I misspelled my username. I thought I could just remake an account with the same email but it says my email is in use. What do i do?

• Profile photo of Tom Woodward

Tom Woodward

I took care of it and emailed you . . .

but for anyone else who might come across this- you can use both the plain vcu.edu or the mymail.vcu.edu – they’ll be treated like separate email addresses.

And while it’s probably too late for anyone reading this, don’t delete your accounts if at all possible.

6. Reyne Spychalski

Hi,

I created a blog and received an email with an activation link. I clicked on the link and was asked to put in an activation key, but there was no key in the email. In the activation link, the end of the link says “key=8e8671899c51c386” so I tried putting that set of numbers/letters down but it didn’t work. It will not let me log in until I activate my account and get the password. Any help is greatly appreciated!

7. Profile photo of shellar

shellar

How do I post from an app onto my rampages site? I tried accessing it through wordpress and could not get it to work even after enabling jetpack.

8. Sawmaya

Hey,

I am not able to get into my rampage account. I have tried to send a password link after clicking the forgot password. But I recieve nothing in my vcu email with which I had signed up for.

I need to submit my assignments on it and it would great if I can gain access to it asap.

Thank you!

9. Dylan

I keep trying to reset my password and it keeps saying it sends a link to my email to do so and it is not working or sending me an email. I don’t know what I should do, because I’ve done it several times. I don’t know what to do because I need the password to set it up and I do not know the one it gave me and it’s not letting me reset mine. what should I do?

10. Mahlet Hailu

I’m trying to register for an account, which I have never done before but for some reason it says my vcu email is already in use by someone else’s account. Any idea how I can fix this?

11. Ulyssa

I have not been able to reset my password and I filled out this form but haven’t gotten an email about that either. What else can I do to try get into my rampages account?

12. Alexa Tymecki

Hi.
    I’m currently trying to set up an account for a class I have coming up this following monday (8/24) and I’m unable to make my account because my email is already “in use for another account” i have never made an account with rampages before and have been using my vcu.edu email account as required.

Please help,
    Alexa

13. Rachel Gregson

I just made an account but my password isnt working, ive tried to get a reset link emailed to me multiple times but it isnt sending me one.

14. Amanda Morrison

Hi again, this time I swear I didn’t forget my password. However, the site claims it’s wrong, so maybe I just wrote it down wrong? When I tried to change my password to something I could remember, back when I was still logged in, it claimed the password was wrong there too. I tried to reset it, but I wasn’t sent an email. Please help!

15. April Hill

I have tried to log in to my account and it keeps saying that the password is incorrect, but when I try to reset it nothing is sent to my email. I really need to log on for my class to complete an assignment.

16. ridhi patel

i made account and forgot my password when i hit the forgot password and put in my username it said they sent me a email but i did not get any email and i also checked spam.

17. Drea George

So I recently created a RamPages account the other day. Everything worked fine. Then today, I tried to log back in with my username, “drea.” I don’t remember my password, so when I hit lost password and entered my VCU email, georgedg@mymail.vcu.edu, the page said to go check my email for a confirmation link, but nothing ever came. Help?

18. Alex Boothe

I made an account, but I can’t login because it never sent me the link to set up a password. I have an assignment that is due tonight, so I need help with this issue. Can someone please help me fix this problem so I can get my assignment done by tonight.

Thanks,
    Alex Boothe

19. Mayesha Alam

Hey, I created my rampage this past weekend and now I am unable to access it with a password. I tried to reset my password, but I failed to receive an email (I’ve checked my spam folder too). I need to be able to log on for an assignment ASAP.

Thank you!
    Mayesha Alam

20. Shannon

I have created an account and the log in registers that my username exists and my email is being used but I haven’t received any email from WordPress. I have requested my password to be sent to my email multiple times throughout the week and still haven’t received anything (not even in my spam).

• Profile photo of Tom Woodward

Tom Woodward

There’s a link at the top of the page here (the one the guy is pointing at) that will send you to a form. You’ll submit your email there and we’ll get it done ASAP.

21. Harout Manadjian

I created an account, and I tried to create a password and save it, but it didn’t let me. When I tried signing in with that password, it did not let me log in. Now I am not getting an email from the website to create a new password.

• Profile photo of Tom Woodward

Tom Woodward

22. Kelsey

I created my rampage this last week and now I am unable to access it with a password. I tried to reset my password, but I failed to receive an email (I’ve checked my spam folder too). I need to be able to log on for an assignment ASAP.
    Thanks
    Kelsey

• Profile photo of Tom Woodward

Tom Woodward

23. Olivia Rumsey

I went to login in today and it said it was the wrong password. I tried it three times, noting that the caps lock wasn’t on. I requested a new password and have yet to get one and I have an assignment due at five tonight.

Thanks,

Olivia Rumsey

• Profile photo of Tom Woodward

Tom Woodward

24. Profile photo of whitakertn2

whitakertn2

Hey, I just tried to register for a new account. I filled everything out until the big red sign up button. When I hit sign up it won’t allow me to. I kept refreshing my page, checked my internet connection, and everything. It just keeps showing up with a screen that say “Please try again”. I am just trying to sign up for my account.

Thanks,

Taylor Whitaker

25. Bethany Zimmerman

When I went to sign up it stated that an account has already been set up with my email address, and I did not get the “I forgot my password” email when I clicked the “forgot password” button.

• Profile photo of Tom Woodward

Tom Woodward

26. Soong Joo Park

I just made my account and a site, but they did not show my password. I tried ‘I lost my password’ multiple times, and yes, I have checked my spam box.

• Profile photo of Tom Woodward

Tom Woodward

27. Caroline Do

Hello, I tried to make an account but it says my email is already used, so I tried to retrieve the password but haven’t gotten any emails. I’m not sure what to try next.

• Profile photo of Tom Woodward

Tom Woodward

The “email in use” error probably means you were successful in making your account.

28. Alexis Briggs

Please help! I need to get into my Ram Pages account but I do not remember my password. An e-mail to help me reset it has not been sent.

• Profile photo of Tom Woodward

Tom Woodward

29. Thomas Rich

Hi, I registered for a new account but I do not know how to obtain an activation key?

Thanks,

Thomas Rich

• Profile photo of Tom Woodward

Tom Woodward

The activation key should have been in the email but you don’t need it. Try logging in directly and/or resetting your password. If that doesn’t work, try the front page towards the top for the password issues form.

30. Profile photo of LoghanMack

LoghanMack

Hello! So I am not having a password problem but I am trying to allow people to comment on my work and it still will not allow it. I have gone to the “Turn On or Off Comments” section to try to fix the problem but nothing has changed. If someone could give me some direction, it would be greatly appreciated.