Halloween Party at Peter Paul

On Halloween, Friday October 31st Keondra and I went to PPDC to volunteer at their Halloween party. Rosemary assigned us to the “coloring pages” table. We sit there for about 30 minutes waiting for the kids to arrive. Once they got there, they all were assigned groups and each one would go around to the different tables to participate in that certain activity. They had a face painting table, a pumpkin making, a mask making, and a few other crafty tables. When the first group of kids sat down at our table, they were very talkative. One of the girls told me all about how her family went to the Ashland berry farm and how the clowns scared her. She then began to tell me that she was going to wear all black to trick or treat in because she wanted to scare people. When the faculty told the groups to move to the next time, the girl asked me to finish coloring her batman picture and directed to exactly to what colors she wanted him to be. I then preceded to finish coloring until the next group arrived. There was this little boy in this group who was the sweetest thing. He wanted me to have his lollipop because it was too much for him to handle. Of course I didn’t take it, but it was still cute. After attending the Halloween party, I’m pretty excited to go back and volunteer more. The only thing I’m a little nervous about is not getting too attached, especially since all the kids seem nice and just want attention.

20141031_17225520141031_17410920141031_175330