Comments and Links on Conceptual Networks – Almahmouda

0

I found the Conceptual Network Concept Experience to be a little difficult, but interesting! Truly, the Conceptual Network Concept Experience helped me to get closer to my inquiry-based project; an opportunity to reflect on my previous Thoughtvectors allowed me to analyze how my perspective has changed over time. The deep analysis birthed an even greater realization about myself; the Thoughtvectors of other people can significantly influence my Thoughtvectors and perspectives greatly.

In their opening statement, Melikazand stated,

“Our minds are constantly racing, connecting concepts from various information sources.”

As I am writing this post, my mind is searching for a relevant idea to contribute to the statement above, yet I am only aware of the action when I focus on the action. I find this paradoxical nature of the mind to be captivating and fascinating; I can spend hours upon hours creating a web of ideas that connect to other ideas, and I will have a hard time finishing! Truly, the relevance of a concept can be linked to another concept in some way, if not multiple ways.

Agreeing with my point above, Crookech stated,

“… two ideas merge, picture two images being layered over one another, select aspects of each one showing through.”

Truly, Tara222’s statement,

“When I read my notes aloud, forming bullets into full comprehensive sentences and filling in information; I feel confident as the  flow of information returns to my attention,”

captures the essence of my point; as an individual walks down the paths of ideas in his or her mind, they will be prompted with a left and right turn. Eventually, the individual can return to his original idea if he or she follows a certain path of ideas! Should I start thinking about ice, I can proceed to think about polar bears. From polar bears, I can think about environmental regulation and lobbyists for environmental regulation. From environmental regulation lobbyists, I can think about what they might drink. As they are human, they must drink water, which leads me back to my original idea of ice. Yet, I could have thought of something else when I was on the topic of water, prompting a new path to appear before me.

Some, such as Flyzilla1, believe,

“If we cannot move from this unnatural style of organization we might never achieve the ideas he  talks about, and reach the potential of humanity as far as the mind goes.”

True, the human mind is a complex structure, and the individual can get lost within his thoughts. As a result, humanity is not operating at the most efficient state; humanity has not yet unlocked its full potential. whether or not we embrace the ideas, “this unnatural style of organization” creates so many; the Thoughtvectors that can emerge from following a conceptual network are limitless.

In her post, Berniers states,

“I’m not sure that there is a simpler or even more direct path to get to these kinds of conclusions.”

As stated before, while there may not be a “simpler or even more direct path to get to these conclusions,” the human mind does a remarkable job at stumbling on newer ideas that can open a new portal to other relevant ideas. Perhaps man-computer symbiosis or augmenting human intellect is required for a more direct and efficient path!

I leave my reader with this:Where does the line that encourages innovation – social, technological, or idealogical – exist? Does it exist closer towards a domain with man-computer symbiosis or does it exist closer towards augmenting human intellect? Under which circumstances will an individual isolate himself or herself from these mechanisms of thinking?