The bag I was originality was working on hit a few snags (half the stitching came undone) but I have learned from my mistakes and did a smaller embroidery project to finish off the semester. I am really into the embroidered jean jacket trend and have always wanted one so I figured now would be a great time to give it a try. I started with a pencil and free handed the design on to the jacket based on a design I saw online. I then did the outline. I finished off the project by adding small details like the thorns and the flower. I think this project turned out well and am happy with the results.
I have finished my first green onion and have outlined the second since my first update. I am trying to do more and more each week because it is a slower process then I originally anticipated. I still have a lot more to do so I am planning to dedicate more time to it.
For my final project I have decided to learn how to embroider. I have chosen to a use a pre-made template that I found at a craft supply store. It is a reusable bag that when finished will have different vegetables embroidered on it. My first step was to learn how to embroider so I asked my Great Aunt Carol and she gave me the basics. Now knowing how long it took to complete the radish I do not know if I will finish the entire bag but my goal is from this point on to finish a vegetable every two weeks.