At the beginning of the game, all games tiles are randomly face down in piles.
Each player starts with on Journeyman piece on the starting tile or oasis tile.
Each player rolls two dice to see who goes first. Highest roller goes first the order of play is clockwise from the first player.
You win the game by Holding 10 Victory point. You receive and Victory point the first time you visit an Exportation tile. Once an exploration tile is on the field any player can claim a treasure from it but a player may remain on that exploration tile to harvest resources (counts as a collection) that are connected to the border of the Exploration tile. You may only be on 2 exploration tiles at the same time. Exploration tile must be 2 tiles away from each other.
When you start your turn, you roll a die (you get an additional die once you have 3 journeyman pieces or for each time management card you hold) the number you roll will represent how many actions you can make this turn. You now roll two dice (or additional die for each advanced weapons technology card you possess) to see what your offensive abilities are this turn. Any person that has a journeyman on a number that is rolled during this phase collects the resource that tile represents. You can now perform your actions.
Actions you can perform on your turn;
- Movement across one tile (You cannot move onto or through a tile another journeyman is on without engaging in combat)
- Explore Tile (lets you place a new tile next to a tile that your journeyman pieces are on. You collect a resource for each tile you explore, if one of your journeymen ends their turn on a tile they explored this turn they can collect the number of resources for whatever number is on the card).
- In game purchases trade your resources for the available cards, exploration tiles, or journeyman.
- Trade with another player, (can trade any resource or card but can only be done if both players are on odd number tiles)
- Engage in combat (counts as a movement). Defender rolls 2 dice (additional dice for each advanced defensive technologies cards the owner possess) to determine defensive combat strength. The Loser of combat returns their losing piece to the oasis tile and pays the winner 3 resources. The winner moves to the loser’s tile.
- Collection, collect a resource for each tile your journeyman is one, or the four resources that surround any exploration tiles you are on. This can only be done can be done once a turn.
- Destroy one of your GR or BM cards.
There are 4 resources in the game, the color of the tile corresponds with the resource it
Nutrition(water) – Blue Victory Point are represented by Red
Influence – Green and counters are represented by Orange.
Gold – Yellow
Technology – Purple