What is a learning partner?
On each of our Alternative Break trips, we invite one faculty/staff member to act as a learning partner. Learning partners add to the experience by:
- Deepening reflective dialogue by bringing their diverse knowledge and experiences to group reflections on service.
- Providing a mature influence to encourage students to make wise decisions
- Acting as a resource for agency site leaders by providing advice and/or support
- Building relationships with student break leaders and participants while in a non-traditional role
- Encouraging long-term relationships between the AB at VCU organization and other VCU offices
- Serving as the legal representative of VCU for the break in case of accident or emergency
Application profiles are due November 1, 2019.
Contact Nicole Patterson at email@example.com for more information.