Drafting in Google Docs this Weekend

Hello IP Warriors!

UPDATE:  ALL WHO POSTED LINKS TO YOUR GOOGLE DOCS DRAFT RECEIVED FEEDBACK FROM ME (except Laura, see my comment below your link). SEE YOUR IP DRAFT FOR MY COMMENTS!

Students wanting more feedback on their draft — especially students who are late to drafting — MAKE AN APPOINTMENT in the Writing Center now, since appointments book fast at the end of the semester!

writing center meme

This weekend is a drafting weekend, and to do this, please create a Google Doc. to draft your IP project.  

For those new to Google docs, see “How to Create and Share a Google Document” here: http://heavy.com/tech/2014/03/how-to-make-a-google-doc-in-3-steps/

Note last step:  “Type in the e-mail addresses for those who you want to share the document with.” My email address is bboaz@vcu.edu   Make sure you give me permission to EDIT document and not simply VIEW it.  The default is view, so you’ll need to change this.  See these tips:  http://googledrive.blogspot.com/2010/10/tips-tricks-sharing-google-docs-like-pro.html

If you allow me to Edit, then I will be able to make comments and provide feedback on your draft.  If you do not allow me to edit, I will be unable to comment.

See assignments for your weekend work, and as soon as you’ve created your Google doc and begun drafting, post a link here —

POST A LINK TO YOUR GOOGLE DOC as a REPLY to this post.  (This allows me easy access to all Google docs).

Google-Docs

This entry was posted in Uncategorized on by .
Profile photo of Bonnie Boaz

About Bonnie Boaz

I have been teaching for over 20 years, and after all this time, I would say that teaching is one of my superpowers. I taught at Syracuse University for seven years way back when (okay you were likely a baby then) and I've taught at VCU for 12 years. I've been teaching in University College for the last 8 years, and currently teach Univ 112, Univ 200, Univ 211, and Honors 200. I think VCU students are the best around: you are smart, open-minded, and creative. It's a privilege to share the classroom with all of you!

17 thoughts on “Drafting in Google Docs this Weekend

1. Rachel A. McCaskill

Hi UNIV 200 Section 074!

It’s Rachel, your own personal #ThoughtVectors librarian!! I just wanted to pop back in and let you know that I have been reading your blog posts and seeing your emails and I am excited about the progress I have seen over this semester! I also wanted to remind you that I am here as a resource for you in what I’m sure is the most hectic and stressful time of the semester. Please feel free to call me (804-828-5530), email me (ramccaskill@vcu.edu), or even pop by my office (Cabell Library, Rm 143) for one-on-one research and writing help as you’re working on these last drafts for your IP Projects. I’m more than happy to help you sort out your research questions, lead you to useful sources, and assist you as you’re drafting your bibliographies. Good luck this week and I hope to hear from you soon!
    🙂
    RAM

1. Profile photo of Bonnie BoazBonnie Boaz Post author

Thanks for your offer to help Rachel. I will direct students to this post on my assignments page!!

STUDENTS: Rachel is our “personal” librarian! She can help you find evidence for your IP if you are having trouble. Contact her via email or phone for any library – related assistance!!

Tran,
      I sent a request to have access to your Google doc for EDITING. I was unable to open the document because you didn’t give me access.
      My email address is bboaz@vcu.edu. You have to provide my email to allow me to edit (comment on) your document.