Assignments Week 14

DUE Monday Nov 30

Revise and draft:  Continue to work on and revise your IP project.

Review: Carefully review this handout about multimodality in practice:  Sub-claim section

DUE Wed Dec 2

courseevalimage

Course Evaluation:  Please complete the Univ 200 Course Evaluation for our course this semester.  See your email for a link, or check Banner for your course evaluation links.  I’ve devoted much time to providing you useful feedback in our online course; please take the time to provide me feedback on the course as well.

Revise and draft: Continue to work on and revise your IP project.  Visit the Writing Center for extra help.  Stop in to my office during office hours! (WED 1 – 3 pm).

Return: Return to your REVISED SUB-CLAIM blog post if you completed it ON TIME.  I provided feedback on this post today (WED).  Please read my feedback and make further revisions, changes. See Marina’s Revised Sub-claim post here.  Her image is an excellent model for incorporating useful images into her sub-claim.

I had planned to have you peer review a sub-claim section of a peer’s paper, but I’ve decided that your time is better spent reviewing your own sub-claim sections and making revisions, Instead I READ ALL REVISED SUB-CLAIM POSTS and provided feedback on them.  If you did not submit your revised sub-claim section on time, I suggest that you carefully review this handout about multimodality in practice:  Sub-claim section  AND see a sub-claim section that I commented on and read my feedback.

Reminders: See Inquiry Project Assignment here:

Core Criteria for Inquiry Project

• Coherently researched – in conversation with arguments found in source work that allow interpretation of primary data; careful use of a minimum of eight sources, three of which must be scholarly.
  • Intentional – someone reading it ought to see immediately that it makes an argument and is polished and thoughtful in presentation.
  • Ambitious — project should present the best summation of the author’s inquiry process. Although not a final answer (because questions linger), the inquiry project aspires to offer a compelling and personal way of thinking about research.
  • Purposefully written to and for the Web – project takes advantage of the affordances of the Web for composition (multimedia, hypertext, links, images, etc.)

Important Requirements

• At least 3000 words (across all pages of the Inquiry Project that you write)
  • Links to at least eight substantive, quality sources that appear throughout your project, three of which must be scholarly.
  • You must synthesize at least one of our course readings into your argument.
  • You also must synthesize at least one of your peers from this class or another #thoughtvectors class in your argument.
  • Thorough and thoughtful use of embedded media (images, videos, sounds, GIFs, etc.)
  • A complete bibliography of sources using either APA or MLA citation format
  • Include, in some form, an introduction with a claim that can be argued, a body with sub-claims that support the claim, an address of the opposition with your rebuttal, and conclusion.

DUE FRI DEC 4

courseevalimage

Return: Return to your REVISED SUB-CLAIM blog post if you completed it ON TIME.  I provided feedback on this post on Wed.  Please read my feedback and make further revisions, changes. See Marina’s Revised Sub-claim post here.  Her image is an excellent model for incorporating useful images into her sub-claim.

Final IP due by 11:59 pm today.   See IP requirements here.  

Submission of your Inquiry Project includes ALL of the following:

1. Post a link to your finished project in your Rampages blog.  Title this post “Final Inquiry Project,” and include a live link. This means that I can go to your Rampages blog and easily find this recent post containing a live link to your final IP.  
  2. Tweet a link to your finished project using the hashtag #thoughtvectors.  This means that I can check the Twitter #thoughtvectors hashtag Saturday Dec 5 and find a link to all of your final IPs.  Note that I cannot find your link unless you include the hashtag #thoughtvectors
  3. Your link (in Rampages and on Twitter) MUST be a working link, so check it several times and have a friend check it.  A non-working link is not an acceptable excuse for late project submission.  

Course Evaluation:  Please complete the Univ 200 Course Evaluations.  See your email for a link, or check Banner for your course evaluation links.  I’ve devoted much time to providing you useful feedback in our online course; please take the time to provide me feedback on the course as well.  TODAY IS THE FINAL DAY FOR COURSE EVALUATIONS.  PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO DO THIS.

DUE Sun DEC 6

Final Blog Post:  Post by the end of the day today (11:59 pm):  Reflection on #thoughtvectors Univ 200 blogging and IP drafting process.   Assignment:

In your final blog post:  #thoughtvectors Metaphor:  Reflect on this course by comparing your experience in the course to some other experience that isn’t school related, and then extend that comparison.  In other words, create a metaphor for this course, and then extend that metaphor by referencing specific moments in the course that correspond to the metaphor itself.  Your post should be several paragraphs in length and it should reference specific assignments, learning moments, blog posts, blog commentary, (or any other thing that happened in the course).