Hello!  My name is Audry and I’m a Mass Communications major at VCU with a concentration in Creative Advertising.  I don’t have a bike and I don’t have experience with bicycle racing.  All throughout my childhood I lived in very rural areas with dirt or gravel roads and never learned to ride a bike until I was a teenager.  Now I’m in Richmond, which feels like the bike capital of the world, driving from one end of the fan to the other and walking in late to all my classes.

Outside of my school life I am very involved with an organization called Camp Kesem.  It is the only national non-profit organization that strives to meet the needs of children affected by their parent’s cancer by holding free-week long summer camps.  I am one of two directors for VCU’s chapter of Camp Kesem and I am also the social media intern on the national level.

I have social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, Snapchat and Swarm.  I use Instagram most frequently and Facebook is a close second.  I am clearly very passionate about story telling and sharing with photography.

I have had two social media internships where I have been fortunate enough to tell the story of two incredible organizations:  Camp Kesem (as previously mentioned) and World Pediatric Project.  World Pediatric Project is a non-profit organization that heals critically ill children in developing nations.

I registered for this course because I love sports photography (and the free t-shirt).  I’ve been working for The Commonwealth Times since my freshman year of college and have been able to travel with the VCU basketball team for the past two years during the post-season, and what an awesome experience it has been!  Since I became interested in photography I have always hoped to photograph big sporting events and this seemed like a major step I could take in my professional life in terms of photography.

I’m looking forward to all that I’ll learn before and during the race itself.  Thank you for this opportunity.