Posted by & filed under spring19tedu510section002, WeeklyPost002spring19.

SOL: 4.3 The student will investigate and understand the characteristics of electricity. Key concepts include a) conductors and insulators; b) basic circuits; c) static electricity; d) the ability of electrical energy to be transformed into light and motion, and to produce heat; e) simple electromagnets and magnetism; and f) historical contributions in understanding electricity.

Objective: The students will be able to understand and identify the parts of a simple circuit given the youtube video, website, discussion post, and assessment with 80 percent accuracy. 

Class Code: clhikq

TCK: The technology support the content by letting the students independently learn the material by going by their own pace.

TPK: The technology supports the pedagogy by giving them a hands on learning experience to let them work at their own pace so that they can further knowledge through interaction.

PCK: Pedagogy supports the content knowledge by instructing them to watch the video and assess them based on their knowledge of circuits. Students can interact virtually through the discussion board about circuits they see in everyday life.

3 Responses to “Week 7 Making Activity- Google Classroom”

1. snyderae

I enjoyed completing your virtual assignment because the video and reading material are straightforward and informational! I like the fact that you posted the SOL clearly on the assignment so that the students understand both the purpose of the assignment and the overall learning goal. I also think that the degree of your objective (80% accuracy) is reasonable considering the given materials.

For the question/discussion board, I would suggest giving more clear instructions. I was unsure of whether you were referring to simple vs. parallel circuits or simple vs. simple with a switch circuits since the video only focused on simple circuits. I may have answered the question incorrectly! As far as the objective goes, I would change the wording in reference to the actual assessment. Is it important for the students to understand only simple circuits or both simple and parallel since the reading material focuses on both?

2. bamburyec54

I thought your assignment was very straightforward as well. One disconnect I saw was how students would know which household items were series and which were parallel. I think the series ones are pretty easy (flashlight, lamp, etc.) but the parallel can be hard to determine. So maybe including a resource explaining electricity in the every day would be helpful. Other than that I think it was really solid and I think you addressed TPAK. I know it had to be Google classroom for this assignment but you could also have incorporated real circuits into the lesson.