Welcome to my DNP E-Portfolio!

I received a Master of Science in Nursing Degree with a CNS concentration in 1991 from the University of Florida. Wow, what a long time ago that was! Since graduation, my primary role was that of Nurse Educator in the academic setting.  First at the Medical College of Georgia (now Augusta University), School of Nursing and then at Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU), College of Health Professions (formerly School of Allied Health Professions).

I joined the Faculty of the Department of Nurse Anesthesia at VCU in 2004, in the role of Coordinator of Distance Education and I currently serve as the Assistant Director of Clinical Education.

I’ve been a Nurse Educator for 20 plus years and in 2015 decided to broaden my professional range to include the role of Nurse Practitioner.   So I got a backpack and walking shoes and jumped in. I completed a second Master’s degree in Nursing at VCU with an Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP) concentration in May, 2018.

I am now pursuing the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree at Virginia Commonwealth University.

I have been an active member of the American Association of Critical Care Nurses on the local and national levels holding several offices for many years and while I’m already a member, I plan to become involved in the Virginia Council of Nurse Practitioners at the local level.

I have an incredibly supportive husband who is taking this journey with me. I have three amazing adult children, all with very different identities. I love to travel but temporarily put it on hold to pursue degree completion, thus, fulfilling a long-standing goal.