Baldacci Student Experiential Learning Endowed Fund
The Baldacci Student Experiential Learning Endowed Fund grants academically promising, and hardworking students of diverse areas of study and backgrounds with financial support so they can pursue internships, conferences, research, domestic or study abroad, and/or social entrepreneurship opportunities. Applicants must be undergraduate rising juniors or rising seniors, in good academic standing, and be majors in the College of Humanities and Sciences.
Requests can be made for, but are not limited to, research support, internship stipends, conference attendance, domestic or study abroad opportunities, and/or social entrepreneurial incubator support. Funds are awarded at the discretion of a Dean’s Office committee. Awards will not exceed $5,000. All Baldacci Student Experiential funds for the 2018-19 cycle should be spent by June 15, 2020.
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you a community college transfer student?
- Upload a statement of no more than 500 words describing your experiential learning opportunity. In your description, include what type of activities you will participate in, your anticipated start date and length of participation, host organization/business, location and how the experience will support your educational and/or career goals. Provide a brochure or website if applicable.
- Provide the name and email of a VCU College of Humanities and Science faculty member who can provide a reference in support of your application. They may be contacted during review of your application.
- Provide the name and email of the sponsor/mentor/supervisor of your experiential learning opportunity. They will be contacted to confirm your participation.
- Outline a budget for your internship experience (select all anticipated expenses that apply). As a reminder, awards will not exceed $5,000. All Baldacci Student Experiential funds for the 2018-19 cycle should be spent by June 15, 2020.
- Provide a narrative description of your budget including your need for funding and your ability to participate without funding. Include total amounts for each of the expenses you selected in the previous question and a total amount of all expenses.