Full-time, part-time, and summer jobs at the Just-in-Time Fair
April 6th, 2016
Student Commons, Richmond Salons
We invite you to attend the Just-in-Time Career Fair on April 6th in University Student Commons, Richmond Salons. Organizations from around the Richmond region will attend to hire current and graduating students for fill full-time, part-time, and summer opportunities.
List of attending organizations
No pre-registration is required. All students and alumni are welcome.
We strongly encourage you to dress professionally and bring several copies of your resume. For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 804-828-1645.
See links for pdf announcements and message below about new Ph.D. program in the VCU School of Dentistry.
VCU OHR PhD
Oral Health Research PhD
The School of Dentistry is accepting applications for Fall entry into our new Ph.D. program. Students will be based at the Philips Institute for Oral Health Research in the School of Dentistry. Our research themes are
· Infection and immunity of the host microbiome interaction
· Tissue engineering, stem cells and new materials
Well-qualified applicants will receive an offer of financial support which will includes a stipend commensurate with NIH guidelines and the payment of all applicable tuition and fees on behalf of the student.
We are actively seeking applicants from VCU. Should you know of any students who may be interested in graduate research in one of these areas please share the attachments with them which include a little more information on the program or ask them to contact me at email@example.com.
Oonagh Loughran PhD
School of Dentistry
Virginia Commonwealth University
STem Cell Manufacturing Associate, 24274
Tech USA is seeking recent graduates or soon-to-be graduates with degrees in the Life Sciences for an entry-level position with a growing Stem Cell Company in Maryland. This is a lab position that involves dissection, working with human tissue, and stem cell manufacturing.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Responsible for hands-on execution of all activities in the Biosurgery manufacturing area, which encompasses the processing and packaging of products for transplantation and for use in surgical procedures. All duties performed in compliance with GMP/GTP, American Association of Tissue Banks Standards, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). The candidate should have a commitment to high standards of quality.
- Follow batch production records (BPRs) and SOPs for GMP/GTP manufacture of products and good documentation practices.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and other documentation as applicable to the scope of operations in the manufacturing facility.
- Identify areas for improvement in manufacturing efficiencies and compliance.
- Assist with technology transfer from R&D to manufacturing environment.
- Prepare (autoclave) equipment for use in cleanroom environment. Maintain working inventories of supplies within the production area.
- Coordinate sample testing with QC.
- Become an expert in selected key areas of interest.
- Associate’s/Bachelor’s degree in a relevant scientific discipline and relevant work experience
- 1 -2 years relevant work experience in FDA regulated, controlled production environment.
- Skill with aseptic technique.
- Technical accuracy and ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including possible overtime and weekends.*
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline or the equivalent education and relevant work experience.
- Experience with aseptic technique and working in controlled environments (cleanroom).
- Knowledge of GTPs, GMPs and other applicable standards.
- Experience working in a QC laboratory.
About Tech USA:
Tech USA, Scientific Solutions is a comprehensive provider of staffing and workforce solutions throughout the Scientific Industries, including Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical, Clinical Research, Healthcare, Medical Biodefense, Environmental, Chemical and Food Sciences. We are actively seeking candidates for contract, contract-to-hire and permanent placement jobs throughout the nation. View our website to see a list of our current open positions; however, not all of our positions are listed so don’t forget to submit your resume and request a consultation with one of our scientific recruiting specialists to explore your opportunities further.
At Tech USA we understand that next to your family, your career is one of the most important aspects to a happy and fulfilling life. This is why we take the time to truly understand and get to know our candidates, so we can then pair them with the right job, not just any job. As a result, Tech USA is known throughout the industry for quality, reliability and the highest satisfaction from both our clients as well as the candidates that we represent. Tech USA is an equal opportunity employer.