All Frog Tutoring tutors will meet with assigned students to provide one-on-one private tutoring for subject matters in their areas of expertise. Tutors are to serve as a guide and coach to assist their students to become a successful, independent learner while integrating effective study and learning strategies to maximize the student’s potential for academic progress. Ultimately, it is the tutor’s responsibility to motivate students to want to learn, achieve, and be self-motivated.
Why Work For Frog Tutoring?
- Tutors will choose which grade levels and subjects to tutor.
- Tutors will create their own work schedule.
- As long as tutors work the minimum amount of hours a week, they can work as many hours as they like.
- Driving Compensation Depending on the distance, tutors will be compensated for driving over a certain mileage.
- Bonuses Tutors who constantly receive high tutor rankings will be eligible for periodic bonuses
- Incentives & Acknowledgement (Hard work does not go unnoticed!!!)
- Tutor of the month: Every month the Regional Coordinator from each region will submit one tutor to be selected as the tutor of the month. This tutor will have their name and photo posted on the corporate page of the website as well as our Facebook page. Not only will they receive public acknowledgement and a certificate, the tutor of the month will receive “special prize” which will vary each month.
- Tutor Referral Program during our “busy” season
- During times when there is a high need for tutors, current tutors will receive a bonus for every person referred and hired that are qualified to tutor in high demand subjects.
If this position interests you, please apply online at: www.frogtutoring.com/become-a-tutor
Two upcoming general information sessions are being offered by the National Scholarship Office (NSO)
. These info sessions will introduce students to a range of (inter)nationally competitive scholarships and fellowships. We will also share with students how the NSO can support them during the application process. A third component of these info sessions focuses on steps that students can take to make themselves more competitive candidates for these awards.
These sessions are geared specifically to first- and second-year undergraduates, transfer students, and new graduate students.
Both information sessions will be held in the Multipurpose Room (1303) here at the Honors College (701 W. Grace Street) at the following times:
Friday, October 27, at noon-12:50p, and
Tuesday, October 31, 2-2:50p.
Richmond Tree Stewards will host a free tree care workshop, along with pruning and planting demonstrations and a tree walk, from 9-noon Saturday, Oct. 21, at the Round House, Byrd Park. Doors open at 8:30 a.m.
Whether you want to plant a tree, care for ones you already have or just find out how amazing trees are, come to the Tree Stewards’ Community Roots Arbor Day celebration. The speaker will be Janine Lester, who holds credentials as an ISA Certified Arborist Municipal Specialist®, ISA Board Certified Master Arborist® and has ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualification.
A client in WV is having a massive staff up. I have placed 15 chemists with them and need 15 more. New grads are fine. Could also consider Bio or Biochem majors. They need to have up to Organic II plus lab. These folks will start in October.
$20/hr jobs with a $10B pharma client.
Any VCU grads still out there?
Hope all is well!
Ed Ratchford – Recruiter
W: 804.217.8549 I F: 804.965.5505
4701 Cox Road, Suite 100, Glen Allen, VA 23060
Exciting Opportunity for Aspiring Biomedical Researchers
The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), one of the largest Institutes at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), is looking for science students with a passion to advance global health research in the 21st century for its Intramural NIAID Research Opportunities (INRO) program, held February 5–8, 2018, in Bethesda, Maryland.
About the Program
Selected INRO students visit NIAID to learn about the breadth of research we do in the areas of allergy, immunology, and infectious diseases from world-renowned scientists and interview for potential research training positions.
Who Can Apply
We are looking for dedicated science students interested in joining the NIAID research community. Candidates who are college-level seniors, medical school students, or doctoral candidates nearing their dissertation defense and from a population underrepresented in the biomedical sciences are eligible.
How You Can Help
You can help us find the best and brightest applicants for INRO 2018 by:
- Adding a link to the INRO program from your website.
- Printing the program flyer and posting it on a bulletin board.
- Forwarding this email to someone who you think might be a good candidate.
Find out more about INRO »
IMPORTANT: Students who were affected by one or more of the recent hurricanes and may have trouble submitting an application to INRO should contact email@example.com
From Oonagh Loughran, PhD Program Director for the Philips Institute for Oral Health Research:
I would like to draw your attention to a new PhD program offered at VCU. The program is housed in the Philips Institute for Oral Health Research at Virginia Commonwealth University.
The Philips Institute is located on the medical campus at Virginia Commonwealth University. We are in close proximity to, and collaborate with the Massey Cancer Center, an NCI designated cancer center, the VCU Medical and Dental Schools and the Institute for Engineering and Medicine. Students will have the opportunity to work with faculty in these centers.
Our well-funded faculty of research clinicians and scientists help translate our discoveries to the patient population.
The title of the Ph.D. program is Oral Health Research and students can conduct research in one of three areas:
- Immunology and infectious diseases
- Regenerative Medicine
We have a small annual intake of students and students receive a stipend and tuition waiver.
Should you come across any students interested in a graduate degree in biomedical research that you feel may be suited to our program please ask them to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are currently recruiting a class to enter in Fall 2017.