Mote offers a variety of internship opportunities for undergraduate/graduate students and recent college graduates interested in a career in the ocean sciences. Mote internships are designed to inspire students with a life-long appreciation and commitment to the conservation and sustainability of our oceans by providing unique, hands-on opportunities to conduct ocean science research, education or support services under the mentorship of Mote scientists, educators, animal care specialists and other professionals. The experience gained through Mote internships should provide both the knowledge and experience base to prepare the intern for entry level employment within related fields.
Spring application deadline has been extended from December 1st.
For specific job duties and responsibilities related to internships, please visithttps://mote.org/research/internships.
To apply for an internship, please visit www.mote.fluidreview.com
For questions, email email@example.com
This is a paid ($8/hour) undergraduate research opportunity. The aim of this project is to test physiological limits of heat tolerance in the highly invasive gypsy moth. We will be conducting a laboratory experiment measuring ecologically relevant phenotypes in various temperature regimes and performing a genome-wide association of genomic regions to phenotypic variation within and among gypsy moth populations.
Click Here to View The Full Flyer.
STem Cell Manufacturing Associate, 24274
Tech USA is seeking recent graduates or soon-to-be graduates with degrees in the Life Sciences for an entry-level position with a growing Stem Cell Company in Maryland. This is a lab position that involves dissection, working with human tissue, and stem cell manufacturing.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Responsible for hands-on execution of all activities in the Biosurgery manufacturing area, which encompasses the processing and packaging of products for transplantation and for use in surgical procedures. All duties performed in compliance with GMP/GTP, American Association of Tissue Banks Standards, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). The candidate should have a commitment to high standards of quality.
- Follow batch production records (BPRs) and SOPs for GMP/GTP manufacture of products and good documentation practices.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and other documentation as applicable to the scope of operations in the manufacturing facility.
- Identify areas for improvement in manufacturing efficiencies and compliance.
- Assist with technology transfer from R&D to manufacturing environment.
- Prepare (autoclave) equipment for use in cleanroom environment. Maintain working inventories of supplies within the production area.
- Coordinate sample testing with QC.
- Become an expert in selected key areas of interest.
- Associate’s/Bachelor’s degree in a relevant scientific discipline and relevant work experience
- 1 -2 years relevant work experience in FDA regulated, controlled production environment.
- Skill with aseptic technique.
- Technical accuracy and ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including possible overtime and weekends.*
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline or the equivalent education and relevant work experience.
- Experience with aseptic technique and working in controlled environments (cleanroom).
- Knowledge of GTPs, GMPs and other applicable standards.
- Experience working in a QC laboratory.
About Tech USA:
Tech USA, Scientific Solutions is a comprehensive provider of staffing and workforce solutions throughout the Scientific Industries, including Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical, Clinical Research, Healthcare, Medical Biodefense, Environmental, Chemical and Food Sciences. We are actively seeking candidates for contract, contract-to-hire and permanent placement jobs throughout the nation. View our website to see a list of our current open positions; however, not all of our positions are listed so don’t forget to submit your resume and request a consultation with one of our scientific recruiting specialists to explore your opportunities further.
At Tech USA we understand that next to your family, your career is one of the most important aspects to a happy and fulfilling life. This is why we take the time to truly understand and get to know our candidates, so we can then pair them with the right job, not just any job. As a result, Tech USA is known throughout the industry for quality, reliability and the highest satisfaction from both our clients as well as the candidates that we represent. Tech USA is an equal opportunity employer.