We have some great workshops coming up for students that I wanted to draw your attention to:
Navigating the application process for professional health programs
Each workshop will focus on a specific application process, admission requirements, preparing for standardized tests, utilizing the centralized application services, and financial aid for each profession
- April 5 | 6:00-7:00pm | Virgina room A, Student commons
- April 18 | 5:00-6:00pm | Forum room, Student commons
- April 6 | 3:30-4:30pm | Forum room, Student commons
- April 19 | 5:00-6:00pm | Forum room, Student commons
- April 20 | 6:00-7:00pm | Virginia room A, Student commons
- April 26 | 4:00-5:00pm | Forum room, Student commons
- April 26 | 5:00-6:00pm | Forum room, Student commons
Additionally, Career Services is hosting:
Pre-Health Advisory Committee Interview Prep | April 19 | 3:00-4:00pm | Alumni board room, Student commons
Planning on going through the Pre-Health Advisory Committee process? Attend this workshop to learn how to be successful.
Finally, we have a new event this year:
Is MD/PhD right for me? | April 25 | 6:00-7:00pm | MCALC Academic Learning Commons 1102
Michael Donnenberg, M.D. is the Senior Associate Dean for Research and Research Training at the VCU School of Medicine and director of the VCU MD-PhD program. He is a physician, scientist, educator and administrator. Prior to coming to VCU he directed the MD-PhD program at the University of Maryland. His talk will focus on the physician scientist career path, describing what physician scientists do, how they train for their careers, and what undergraduates should do to decide whether to pursue this path and how to prepare to apply for MD-PhD programs.