The Department of Epidemiology at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health is extending an invitation to students who wish to participate in a summer program here at the Harvard Chan School. Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions you may have regarding this program.
Application Deadline is February 23, 2017!
Summer Program website: https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/epidemiology/diversity/summer-program-in-epidemiology/
Application link: https://harvard.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dotymSrroQOVFmR
In order to take advantage of this opportunity, applicants must meet all of the criteria below.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals or permanent residents of the U.S.
- Applicants must have a GPA of 3.0 or above
- Applicants must be from a quantitative science background or have taken several quantitative classes beyond intro level courses
- Applicants must demonstrate an interest in public health
- Applicants must be from at least one underrepresented group in biomedical research, which is defined by meeting the NIH’s criteria below:
- People with disabilities
- Racial and ethnic groups such as blacks or African Americans, Hispanics or Latinos, American
- Indians or Alaskan Natives, and Native Hawaiians or other Pacific Islanders;
- People from disadvantaged and low socioeconomic status);
- Annual family income below established low-income thresholds, based on family size(supplemental Income Worksheet required upon admission;
- A rural, inner-city, or other environment that has inhibited a person from getting the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed for a research career