Application and registration are free.
Key points about the symposium are as follows:
- Dates and venue – October 1-3, 2017, Emory Conference Center.
- Full travel scholarships available for students from underrepresented groups. Last year 60% of student attendees received full travel awards and another 10% received partial travel awards.
- Application deadline May 1st, 2017
- Students undergoing their first research experience this summer may apply to a second deadline of August 1st.
- For undergraduates, graduate students, and their mentors.
- Student research presentations, career development workshops and social events.
- Free application and registration.
Full information, including the schedule form our 2016 Symposium and a brochure for the 2017 Sysmposium, are on our website (http://www.gs.emory.edu/STEM
). Details of the conference are summarized below.
- A premier research conference for undergraduates interested in learning about PhD, MD/PhD or postbaccalaureate programs; graduate students contemplating postdoctoral training; and the advisors of these students.
- Two days of shared research presentations, networking and mentoring.
- Interactions with Emory research faculty mentors, graduate students, and postdoctoral fellows.
- Round table discussion for faculty and program staff attendees with a group of Emory faculty.
Due to the success of the previous symposia and the restricted number of attendees, we expect competition for acceptance to be spirited. Only abstracts that report outcomes/results will be competitive. Up to ten students will be selected from the submitted abstracts to present a platform talk, andtheir advisors will also receive a travel award if necessary. All remaining student participants will be expected to present a poster on their research.
Mentors who write letters of reference for their students will be notified by e-mail whether or not the application was successful. At that time mentors will also receive information about how to register to attend with their students if they wish to do so. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you and your students.