This summer, the Rice Center will host a series of one-week, one-credit short courses (LFSC591 and 491) that will emphasize field skills/experiences in several disciplines. Each class will meet at Rice over 5 consecutive days and will include instructor-directed, as well as independent, lectures, activities and assignments; enrollments will be capped at 12.
- LFSC 591 Intro to Environmental Consulting (CRN 38792) JUN 24-28
- LFSC 591 Intro to Fish Biology Field Methods (CRN 38794) JUL 22-26
- LFSC 591 Intro to Plants of the James River Basin (CRN 38793) JUL 1-5
- LFSC 591 Intro to Conservation Filmmaking (CRN 38306) JUL 15-19
- LFSC 491 Intro to Archeology Field Methods (CRN 38795) JUL 8-12
The Rice Rivers Center will offer a limited number of competitive 2019 Summer Scholarships to support Undergraduate Research through VCU’s UROP Office. Application information can be found at http://wp.vcu.edu/vcuurop/2019/02/07/2019riceriversfellowships/. Application deadline is April 12th.
The Rice Rivers Center will again partner with Environmental Studies and Biology to offer a limited number of competitive Graduate Research Scholarships and Fellowships.
Finally, the annual Student Research Symposium @ Rice will be held on Friday, May 10th.