Courtney Blondino

Just another Rampages.us site

Blog #10: Understanding the social networks of IPV and sexual assault victims

I decided to investigate social network analyses as they relate to violence in intimate situations. These crimes have serious implications…

Blog #9: Assessing co-worker perceptions and peer influence through SNA

These papers address social relationships through co-worker perception and peer influence. The first paper, Hawe paper, address social connections among…

Blog #8: Using structural metrics to assess child and adult interorganization connections

Most mental health services focus either on adolescents and their families or adults. There is a gap in the transitioning…

Blog #7: The Public Sphere and Network Society

Habermas defines the public sphere as the nexus between public life and civil society. The public sphere is a communicative…

Blog #6: Outline of SNA Project 1 Research Plan

The purpose of my small project is to better understand community-serving organization collaboration in the Richmond area. My working research…

Node centrality measures can be integral in evaluating different types of networks. For my small project, I plan to assess…

Social Capital in Networks

There are many definitions for social capital. Bourdieu claimed social capital is “aggregate of actual or potential resources which are…

Small World Theory

Small world networks (see image below) maximize connectivity with a minimal number of connections. Information can travel more efficiently through…

The Social Network Perspective

The social network approach is extremely valuable. I was reading a paper this week (Wang et al., 2018) examining how…

Social Networks Matter

Christakis and Fowler reiterate throughout the book Connected: How Your Friends’ Friends’ Friends Affect Everything You Feel, Think, and Do…

© 2020 Courtney Blondino. Theme by Anders Norén.