Phase I: My 3 Team Building Activities

My Team Building Exercises

Human Knot — To start this team building exercise, everyone will stand around in a circle. Once everyone is in the circle, everyone will grab the hands of someone else…being cautious not to grab the hands of the person directly next to them. After everyone is holding hands with another person in the circle, the objective of the activity is to untangle without letting go.

Drawing Charades — For this activity, you will need a couple sheets of paper and a writing utensil. One member of the team will be tasked with drawing while the others describe the item. The object is for the one member to successfully draw what the others are telling them to without the object being given away. This activity will help with communication and working together.

Baking — This activity does not really involve much of anything except for some cookie dough and the team members. The team, collectively, will bake cookies and enjoy them afterwards. This exercise is simple but yet effective because who does not like to enjoy a freshly baked cookie?!

My group members’ team building exercises: 

Kelly 

Cathryn 

Meghan

Jason

One thought on “Phase I: My 3 Team Building Activities

1. I LOVE HOW YOU LINK TO YOUR TEAMMATE’S BLOGS TO SHOW US THEIR TEAM BUILDING EXERCISES! THIS IS THE WAY IT SHOULD BE DONE! HOORAY! IT ALSO DIRECTS ME TO YOUR OTHER TEAM MEMBERS ‘S BLOGS, WHICH I LIKE.

Group Formation Assessment ALL EXERCISES COMPLETED — SEE NOTE AT BOTTOM ABOUT ONE
    1. Include group photo and short bios of your other group members. Humorous bios and photos are fine. Food – focused bios – also fun!
    2. Play “Fears in a Hat,” and report on group fears in your blog.
    3. After playing “Fears in a Hat,” discuss fears about working in groups. Summarize trends in fears and resulting goal-setting in your blog. Photos are nice. If fears coincide, the group must address how they will handle these issues when they arise in group work. Talking about a problem is always a first step – but students should include what steps they plan to take if talking does not bring about desired change in a group member or group dynamic. Be specific and clear in group goal setting.
    4. Each group member must research and provide 3 team-building exercises that they think the group would enjoy doing. They should list them, including directions, in a short, informal paper. These must be team-building exercises, not simply “ice breakers.” ONE of the three team-building exercises should involve FOOD. The blog should include links to each group member’s team building informal paper.
    5. For EACH exercise the group performs, (one from each group member), each blogger should represent the experience of doing the exercise. Speculate on why some exercises worked better than others for group team building. You may represent all group member’s perspectives in your blog, or only your own.
    6. Groups much choose at least ONE FOOD related team building exercise to complete together.
    7. The blog should include images and videos of the group team-building work. How you represent the team building work in your blog will vary, and this will give us something to debrief and discuss after the project is complete.
    8. Discuss your team role based on Belbin’s Team Role Theory powerpoint http://www.slideshare.net/miller665/using-belbins-team-role-model Which needed role does your group not have? YOU TALKED ABOUT THE 3 BROAD CATEGORIES OF BELBIN, BUT NOT THE 9 SPECIFIC ROLES AND WHAT ROLES ARE MISSING.