Hello!

My name is Katie Cairns and I am a Junior Technical Theatre major with a concentration in stage management at VCU.  One day I hope to work as a professional stage manager travelling the world on different shows. I have always had an interest in entertainment, growing up doing community theatre and dance. Besides theatre, my interests include being an active sister in Alpha Sigma Alpha sorority on campus, as well as knitting and crocheting and other sorts of crafting.

I signed up for this course because I am interested in media studies, and will hopefully be getting a Media Studies minor along with my theatre degree. I recently took a class on public relations, and I am currently taking a class on mass communications, so I am hoping I will be able to relate this class to those.

While I am not an avid bike rider, I do own a bike that I occasionally ride to school. I haven’t ridden one since I was about 14, so getting back on after all these years was definitely interesting.

I have a few different social media accounts, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and all the basics, but I am not active on most of them. Instagram is by far my favorite and I use it to stay up to date on what my friends are up to, as well as just following fun photography and fashion accounts. I think social media is a great thing in finding out about news and pop culture, and a way to stay connected with the world around you.

Just another Rampages.us site