As I am here reflecting on this course, I am so surprised at how much I have learned! At the beginning of this course I had absolutely no idea what CAM was. After reading a little about it and after the first chapter of “The Story,” I had an idea of what CAM is but still wasn’t sure what it means. The first article that I read about CAM gave examples and so I decided to explore those examples of therapies like animal assisted therapy. After doing research on these topics I have such a better understanding of Complimentary and Alternative Medicine, as well as an interest in the topic. 

I really liked the structure of this course. I liked that grades were a result of your effort that you put into the course. I also liked that we had the freedom to write about anything we wanted related to CAM! To me that was the most fun part about this course! I also really enjoyed the animated storyline! I thought that was an interesting touch! 

I also liked the interaction with my fellow classmates. Every time that I got feedback from my peers on my posts, I was excited as well as eager to read their comments. I enjoyed reading other people’s posts and understanding their point of views. 

A lot of the topics that I learned about I plan on using in my life in the future. I already benefit from the positive effects of aromatherapy and massages. In the future I plan on trying acupuncture and tai chi. I think that these therapies will reduce my stress as well as increase happiness. I thoroughly enjoyed this course and would absolutely recommend this course to any and everyone! 

Recently, the National Center for Complementary & Alternative Medicine changed its name to the National Center for Complementary & Integrative Health. What do you suppose the reasons are for this? I think it’s actually a pretty good change. Many people have a negative association with “alternative medicine” as it generally (to them) implies that it’s […]
The reason behind the National Center for Complementary & Alternative Medicine changed its name to the National Center for Complementary & Integrative Health was mandated as part of the omnibus budget measure signed by President Barrack Obama. I’ve learned so much in this course. I was clearly uneducated in the different types of alternative medicines. … Continue reading Final Post
Recently I gave my life to God and after doing so I started to read the Bible as a believer. As I am reading I stumbled upon something that I didn’t really know growing up. It was about fasting, I’m sure we all remember the stories of how Jesus fasted and avoided the temptations from … Continue reading Fasting therapy
This class has allowed me to learn about many different types of alternative medicine from my peers. From what I have learned, I feel like all of these CAM simply looks at an illness or injury from a different perspective then conventional western medicine and tackles the problem from a different direction. For example, in … Continue reading Final Post
One day I was at a friend’s house relaxing and catching up with his family, when his mom said she had a surprise for me. She went into the other room very quickly and came back out with a dvd. I was pretty happy because I love surprises and I like to watch movies. She … Continue reading Astrology
Growing up I use to love to play video. Especially the fighting ones like Mortal Kombat and Tekken. Playing these fighting video games help me to acknowledge and appreciate movies with Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris. Some of the movies I use to see them kind of sorta dance around. In my head I could … Continue reading tai chi