3.5 The student will develop map skills by
Positioning and labeling the seven continents and five oceans to create a world map
- Map of the world with only continents and oceans labeled
- Positioning and labeling the seven continents and five oceans to create a world map
- Song clarifying 7 continents and 5 oceans and what they are called, to help them memorize the names before they are bale to locate exactly
- Singing the song with the class, teaching the content
- Map of the world with continents and oceans labeled
- Have the students point to the continents or oceans on the globe as they sing along
Students may think the earth is flat due to the tools shown to them.
Students may think the distance of the continents are different, due to the map of the world and how it is laid out.