Day 3 of this year’s institute will offer an RVA immersion experience, hosted by the Valentine Museum, located at 1015 E. Clay St.
- We meet at the Valentine Museum at 8:30 am.
- No coffee/breakfast will be served this day, please arrive caffeinated and well fed.
- At 8:45, VCU van services will take you to the starting point of a 1.5 hour walking tour of Jackson Ward.
- Please bring bottled water and wear comfortable shoes.
- Current weather forecast is clear and sunny with a high of 72 F.
- VCU van services will return us to the Valentine by 11am where staff will present the “Soul of a Community” program.
- Lunch will feature boxed lunches from Sally Bell’s.
- We conclude our Institute with an afternoon workshop that takes everything we’ve learned to create a road-map to our future work together.
Street parking is EXTREMELY limited. Trust us! You want to park in a parking deck.
VCU Employees: Please utilize your VCU parking and/or the VCU Campus Connector. The Campus Connector begins running at 6:30 a.m. and stops at the corner of Clay and 11th St, approximately one block east of the Valentine Museum.
Non-VCU Employees: Please utilize the valet parking service for the Ambulatory Care Center, located at 417 N. 11th St, approximately one block east of the Valentine Museum. Valet parking is $5. You will find the valet parking entrance 11th Street between Marshall and Clay. Please plan to arrive early in order to park and arrive to the Valentine Museum on time.