Home

¡ Bienvenidos!FullSizeRender (1)

My name is Brie and thank you for visiting my blog. I am a senior in Nursing School at Virginia Commonwealth University.  I am currently in course titled LGCC 405 Spanish for Healthcare Providers. Through this class, I have the opportunity to meet with native-speaking students learning English in Mexico and Spain through online face-to-face sessions also known as Teletandem via Skype. These interactions will allow me to practice medical terminology in Spanish and step out of my comfort zone. My blogs will be comprised of my thoughts and reflections on each Teletandem session. This site will also include an activities page and a personal statement in English and in Spanish. My final project will also be posted on this site.

I chose nursing with the hope of one day making a difference, in any given place. As graduation is around the corner, I hope to follow my dream of becoming a pediatric nurse and ultimately nurse practitioner. I love to travel, hence the picture above, and am interested in possibly caring for people around the world who are less fortunate. I look to expand what I know so far, as I am Hispanic, and learn new aspects of cultures through this course and how this can be applied to even patients seen here in Richmond, VA. The journey begins now!

Top