CHIN202, Uncategorized, 媒体 / Media, 教育 / Education, 文化 / Culture, 新闻 / News

Curation #2 Gyumin Lee

30 Apr , 2018   Video

This video is about the French president trying to speak Chinese. French president was giving a speech to the Chinese people. He is learning Chinese in the video. He speaks Chinese to appeal to the Chinese people. Chinese people have positive reaction to this speech. It is nice to see other country’s leader trying their best to understand other languages. This video is helpful because it shows other people learning to speak Chinese. I think it’s important for students to see how other people are learning Chinese.

这部影片讲述的是法国总统想说中文。
法国总统正在向中国人民发表讲话。
他在视频中学习中文。
他会说中文来呼吁中国人民。
中国人对这次讲话有积极的反应。
很高兴看到其他国家的领导人尽力了解其他语言。
这段视频很有帮助,因为它显示了其他人学习说中文。
我认为让学生看看其他人如何学习中文很重要。

CHIN202, 文化 / Culture, 新闻 / News, 日常生活 / Everyday life

Curation Project part 2 Patrick Dunegan Chinese 202

25 Apr , 2018  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOAB2pe4czY

这是中国的总统。美国总统已经停止与中国进行贸易。中国国家主席对此非常生气。这对美国不利。关系。美国总统不擅长对外关系。他很鲁莽。美国很多人不喜欢美国总统,因为他很鲁莽。这将伤害美国经济。我们需要交易。交易是好的。中国和美国将进行谈判。我希望我们会同意。这会影响我和我的朋友的未来。我认为经济需要贸易是好的。由于美国总统是一个商人,他可能能够达成协议。这段视频很重要,因为它是最新的。

This is the president of China. The U.S. president has stopped trading with China. The Chinese president is very angry about this. This is bad for the United States. relationship. The U.S. president is not good at foreign relations. He is reckless. Many people in the United States do not like the President of the United States because he is reckless. This will hurt the U.S. economy. We need to trade. The transaction is good. China and the United States will negotiate. I hope we will agree. This will affect the future of me and my friends. I think the economy needs trade to be good. Since the President of the United States is a businessman, he may be able to reach an agreement. This video is very important because it is current.

CHIN202, 文化 / Culture, 新闻 / News

Patrick Dunegan Curation Project

3 Mar , 2018  

这是习近平的视频。他是中国的领导人和中国共产党的领导人。他现在可以永远是中国的领导者。这与美国不同。美国是一个民主国家。什么是更好的?我喜欢民主,因为我选择我的领导者,他们不会永远领导。这是一种文化差异。习近平不同意任何不同意的人。

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7C507ERo0w

This is Xi Jinping’s video. He is the leader of China and the leader of the Communist Party of China. He can now be the leader of China indefinetly. This is different from the United States. The United States is a democracy. What is better? I like democracy because I choose my leader and they will not lead forever. This is a cultural difference. Xi Jinping does not agree with anyone who does not agree.

CHIN300, 媒体 / Media, 新闻 / News, 日常生活 / Everyday life, 现代技术 / Technology

Du Chinese Useful App – Tsire Divyn Curation 2

15 Dec , 2017  

https://www.duchinese.net/

Du Chinese是一个非常有用的应用程序,让你阅读不同难度的中文文章。 它用中文向你显示文章,但让你突出你不知道的词,并给你的意思。 这有助于提高理解力。 如果你想练习你的听力技巧也可以读出文章。 您可以保存您遇到麻烦的文字,以便以后查看。 你可以在Android和Iphone上免费下载。

DuChinese is an extremely useful app that lets you read articles in Chinese at varying levels of difficulty. It shows you the article in Chinese and lets you highlight words that you don’t know and gives you the definition. This helps improve comprehension. It can also read the article to you if you want to practice your listening skills. You can save words you have trouble with to review later. You can download it on Android and Iphone for free.

CHIN201, 历史 / History, 娱乐 / Entertainment, 媒体 / Media, 文化 / Culture, 新闻 / News, 旅游 / Travel

House Poem by Huang Xiang

28 Nov , 2017   Video

Video:  https://vimeo.com/8560463

This video is fascinating because it is about a poet who moved to Pittsburgh, PA for freedom of speech in 1990’s. Huang Xiang fought for democracy in China until he was imprisoned. I think it would be interesting for students to go see this house to see how this poet described his journey. He was liberated when he arrived to America, and have been working on his poems. It is interesting to see how dominant the censorship is in China. This helps students to learn about Chinese history and how some people have coped with their strict rules.

这部影片令人着迷,因为它是关于一位诗人于二十世纪九十年代移至 Pittsburgh, PA 年的言论自由。黄翔在中国争取民主直到被囚禁。我觉得学生们去看看这个家看这个诗人如何描述他的旅程是很有意思的。他抵达美国后得到解放,一直在写他的诗歌。看看中国的审查制度是多么地有趣。这有助于学生了解中国的历史,以及一些人如何应对严格的规定。

CHIN301, 娱乐 / Entertainment, 媒体 / Media, 新闻 / News

新华网——中国新华社的网上新闻平台

16 Apr , 2017  

新华网是由中国与世界最主要的汉语通讯社——新华通讯社(简称新华社)提供的在线实时新闻阅读网站。该网站提供国内外新闻,文字图片并且用中文,英文,韩语等七国语言进行发稿。我推荐大家去阅读这个网站上的文章,原因是新闻写作用词准确,文中句式完整并且有很强的逻辑性,学生在阅读新闻文章时可以加深对词汇的理解,提升中文写作逻辑的严密性和正确性,使学生高效而准确提升自己的中文写作水平。

新华网网址如下

http://www.xinhuanet.com/

CHIN301, 休闲 / Leisure, 娱乐 / Entertainment, 媒体 / Media, 教育 / Education, 新闻 / News

纽约时报中文网

5 Apr , 2017  

New York Times是一个著名的美国报纸,但是他们的网站也有中文版。这个网站最好的特征是他们的新闻可以只用英文,只用中文,或两个并排看。

纽约时报中文网 国际纵览(cn.NYTimes.com)是纽约时报公司旗下的首个中文媒介产品,旨在向中国读者提供有关全球时事、商业及文化的高水准报道。它将时报公司屡获大奖之新闻内容中最精华部分带给全球中文读者,这些内容产自《纽约时报》1200名采编人员和30个全球分社,其中也包括北京、上海及香港记者站。网站内容特为中文读者量身打造,既包括《纽约时报》英文报道的中译版本,也包括本土中文作者及专栏作家专为中文网所撰写的原创稿件。

Source: 纽约时报中文网 国际纵览

CHIN201, 休闲 / Leisure, 娱乐 / Entertainment, 媒体 / Media, 新闻 / News

这是我的中文视频。

8 Oct , 2016  

我听她今天说台湾的天气。在课,我们学天气。我听不太懂她在说什么可是我在练习。我听她说 现在下雨和很冷。很难我懂很多。

--------------------------------------------------------

I listen to her talk about Taiwan’s weather today.  In class, we’ve learned about weather. I did not understand all she said, but I am practicing. I heard her say rain and very cold. It was difficult for me to understand all of it.

,

CHIN201, 休闲 / Leisure, 娱乐 / Entertainment, 教育 / Education, 新闻 / News

Jeremy Lin林書豪出席籃網記者會後的中文採訪

4 Oct , 2016   Video

Jeremy Lin是一个很好的中国篮球运动员。他打篮球为Brooklyn Nets。 在采访中,他谈到他如何能为自己的球队一个很好的球员。他是一个非常优秀的篮球运动员和中国人民爱他。我们还了解到关于篮球和运动类。这是一个非常好的视频。它有很多的运动词汇。

Source: NTDTV  ( New Tang Dynasty Television) – a Chinese news channel: ntdtv.com/xtr/gb/2016/07/21/a1277203.html