Uncategorized

9 of the Latest Chinese Movies You Need to Watch – ChinesePod Official Blog

29 Jan , 2016  

Online (时光大战 | Shíguāng dàzhàn) Chinese filmmakers don’t usually tackle the Sci-Fi genre, and this film isn’t a Sci-Fi in the classical sense: think of it as a video-game, played out in cinematic fashion. The protagonist spent many hours playing video games (玩(儿)游戏 | Wán/Wár yóuxì) when he was a young child. His passion ends up becoming a reality when he finds himself apart a real-life video game war. The Chinese title (时光大战 | Shíguān dàzhàn) actually translates as “Time Wars” and is a huge hint to the plot

Source: 9 of the Latest Chinese Movies You Need to Watch – ChinesePod Official Blog

By
I've been teaching French for almost 40 years. I've worked with computers for even more (programmed in FORTRAN using punchcards in 1969!), but went Apple when I tried my first Mac in 1985. Trained as a medievalist,I see how changes in media evolve with new social interactions and configuration. What we are experiencing, in its accelerating exhilaration, makes this a most exciting time to live, think, act.