Welcome!

1. Home
  2. /
  3. Welcome!

Welcome!

WELCOME TO JOURNEY TO FLUENCY 2.0

Journey to Fluency
Alias: Fang Yi Shan 方依珊

This website is created through VCU rampage.

PURPOSE:
This website is intended and is open for Mandarin learners who are interested in going beyond textbooks and the classroom. In this website, I will share personal stories and records about my  Chinese learning experience.  In addition, I will be adding lesson plans that will be useful for Chinese learners. In the near future, I may expand the website to include mine or friends’  contribution to the website (study abroad experience, etc.)

I also would like to point out that, I intend to make this website personal, so there will be casual language in my posts. This website is not a teaching website, it is intended to share methods of learning Mandarin.

HOW TO NAVIGATE THIS WEBSITE:
The menu bar [above] allows you to see each page within this website. Each page has a special role. Read below.

WELCOME – [This page] 
The page you are reading now is the welcome page. Above you can view the purpose of my website and why I created this website.

ABOUT ME – FAQ on Mandarin experience
  A page briefly describing my interest in the Mandarin language, in Q&A style.

MAIN POSTS – Documentation of my Journey
If you navigate through the drop-down menu,  my journey is placed in the chronological order that it happened. If you navigate by clicking on the page, you will see recent posts.

LEARNING METHOD – A way to learn Mandarin Chinese
 Everyone has their own method of learning a language.  My method may or not be effective for language learners, but it is worth sharing.

NEW! (2019)  – I have released a documentary on my Youtube channel about my journey in Taiwan. I initially planned to write months by months about my experience in Taiwan however, it could all be done visually with storytelling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OTHER WEBSITE –
CHINESE: THE JOURNEY [Discontinued]
The website was created as part of a major assignment in Chinese II and Chinese III at VCU. It at its truest form documents my Chinese typing skills and vocabulary. It also shows how far I have progressed in typing simple sentences to a little more complex sentences.

Purpose of the above website:
To apply Mandarin skills to write blog posts.

Updated on: 06.20.18
Updated on:  07.20.18
Updated on:  05.29.19