Man-Computer Symbiosis- Nugget 2

“Although detailed discussion of techniques of automatic speech recognition is beyond the present scope, it is fitting to note that computing machines are playing a dominant role in the development of automatic speech recognizers. They have contributed the impetus that accounts for the present optimism, or rather for the optimism presently found in some quarters.”

Screen Shot 2014-06-19 at 11.46.20 PM

When I read this paragraph I began to think about the technological advances that we humans have experienced. It also reminds me different types of speech recognition like Apple “Siri” and the Galaxy S voice. There are many applications or “apps” in the market today that provide either free or paid speech recognition system. I, myself, do not believe that computers and other machines alike will take over the world someday but I do think that in the near future our generation will become more dependent on them. I started to picture a scene in my head of what it will be like in 20 years.  There is a possibility that are computers are going to be thinner and lighter, maybe even paper thin.