My Background

Upon receiving my BSN from a large university, and worked as a critical care  RN for two years at a large teaching hospital, The APRN on my unit inspired to enter graduate nursing school which gave me exposure to diverse patient populations with the third largest city in the US.

Practicing as a family nurse practitioner for many years  in primary care and emergency medicine has given me the opportunity to build strong relationships with diverse patient populations.Every patient encounter has taught me the importance of listening to the patient and forming a collaboration with them for their optimal health.

Quality Improvement within the practice setting became one of my professional priorities several years enhancing my decision to attend the VCU DNP program. This program has taught me the skills to address some of our health care inequities with my DNP project.

VCU has allowed me to work in collaboration across disciplines , learn from my fellow diverse DNP students  and receive mentorship from some of the most accomplished nursing faculty in this country.