Covering The Coverage!

Rhythmanalysis: The Poetics of Public Space

Libby Hill Turn

I filmed the Women’s Elite Race as they rounded a corner on the cobbles at Libby Hill. I noticed how the riders gravitated towards the same point at the end of the curve, though they found different routes to get there. The tendency is to attack the hill sharply, so that in this case […]

Originally published by hoffmanmc at 33497 UNIV 291 Sec 045 (link)

Photo Opp

The passenger crossing at Franklin and 23rd St, about 10 feet away from the start of the cobblestones of Libby Hill, quickly flooded the moment the last following car turned the top corner. The first surge of pedestrian energy was powerful – about 2/3 of the crowd was merely trying to get to the other […]

Originally published by jandrews42 at 33497 UNIV 291 Sec 045 (link)

BBQ or Harry Potter? Hm…

There has been a lot of publicity and hype towards the fact that Daniel Radcliffe is staying in Richmond. I even read in one of the articles posted by someone earlier in the week that some guy who was observing the race was talking about going out to be casted as an extra in his upcoming movie. […]

Originally published by vegarrett95 at 33497 UNIV 291 Sec 045 (link)

Way Up High

Here’s a view of Broad St. near the finish line from the 17th floor of the Marriot Hotel. While looking at the street from this angle, I noticed that it didn’t look as crowded as I would have thought. I also noticed some people from 17 floors up that I had already passed several times […]

Is She Up To Something?….

On the Circuit While walking around the block of 8th and Broad, I observed many things. One interesting thing I noticed was that each time I passed the bus stop that was located in the middle of the street, new people were sitting and standing around it. While walking back and forth,  I crossed paths […]

Eating On The Spot

Commercial Repetitions   During the Individual Time Trial for the U23 Men, I sat near a street vendor on Broad that was located by the finish line. While sitting ten feet away from the vendor, I realized that they only sold a few items. I saw in thirty minutes one lady who looked like she […]