Covering The Coverage!

Vive le vélo

Volunteer Week!

Luckily anyone that wants to become a volunteer for UCI bike races has an opportunity!  On Sunday, September 20, I was a shuttle greeter, starting my shift at 9am.  I rode my bike downtown to my post, as I was uncertain if I could find parking and it is less than 2 miles from my … Continue reading Volunteer Week! Continue reading

Originally published by elizarichmond at Vive le vélo! (link)

Volunteering Day 1

Volunteer Week! Today (Monday, September 21, 2015) was my first volunteer shift! I did shuttle welcome bright and early in the chilly air. For the first part of the day it was pretty slow but watching the Richmond Police, the traffic/parking workers and the volunteer staff kept me very busy. Everyone I met was upbeat and friendly, and overall everything at my little turn moved

Originally published by lisaday at Vive le vélo! (link)

UCI Road Worlds

There are over 1,000 cyclists from 75 countries in Richmond, Va this week to race in the Road World Championships.  Choosing certain cyclists to cover is a difficult task, so I plan to mention a few that I have heard of through the news or from various cyclist enthusiasts. First mention is Peter Sagan, a