About Paradise Lost (?)

I guess this is the part where I talk about the “stressed out” part of my site name. This week, i’m sorry to say but I fell behind and missed a lot of class and didn’t catch up. Of course I’ll make an effort to catch up so this reflection will be based on what I got to.

With that said, I have a lot of respect for John Milton’s writing, no matter how confusing. I kind of wish he had kept it as a screen play because then it would be easier to follow along with who’s speaking.

It’s weird how so many humans come to the same conclusions as other humans. When I was younger and asked my mom about God knowing Adam and Eve’s future, she gave me the same answer, just not said the same way. She said because god gave them free will. I took that answer and now here is Milton saying the same thing. But “sufficient to have free will, free to fall,” has a much cooler ring than what my mom said.

I think what I found most interesting about this reading/what stood out the most was the idea that freedom cant exist without God/its meaningless outside of him. It reminded me of The Collar by George Herbert. Except, i’m assuming that the devils didnt mean it in the same way. Very interesting.

Well that’s all for now. My next reflection will be better, I might even edit this one once I’m caught up (just for fun). Till next time, Deloris