Book VI Appreciation Post

Since I was the person in charge of presenting on Book VI, I thought it would only be right if I decided to blog about this Book and insight to it.

Book VI: Lines 700-703

For thee I have ordained it, and thus far

Have suffered, that the glory may be thine

Of ending this great war, since none but thou

Can end it.

I will always find the dual-relationship between the Father and Son so interesting, as it presents such conundrum in the purpose of having the Son be made. I focused on this issue in my paper and basically, if the Son hadn’t been made, there would be no need for humanity to exist, since Satan would not have had the motivation to fulfill his jealousy-driven mission right? And on top of that, how the Father saves the glory for the Son to end the war, when in reality he’s basically doing it himself, but as another being…just such a weird concept to grasp. It’s a real mind-you know what. Well, there are many questions I have that I will probably never have the answer to, but it’s nice to know that I can have fellow classmates to comment on what their opinions are about the topic.

Join the Conversation

1 Comment

1. I remember when I was younger I had a lot of trouble comprehending the simulatenous relationship between the son and god, but now I think it just emphasizes the incomprehensibility of God.