8 thoughts to “Alice Quach introduction”

1. Alice,
    Thanks for sharing your post. Cool to hear you are from VA Beach- been there many times from Richmond growing up to do some sunrise surfing on the jetty. In regards to your research interests, isn’t it cool that in terms of a digital voice, almost anyone can have one with limited access to resources, that is part of what makes this course so interesting, that with digital analysis you can make sense of such a large compilation of digital voices- from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. Never seen any of the Fast and Furious movies but I do know there a several of them. I am more of a cruisin’ style than seeing how fast you can go, when I am surfing at least, longboarding is the way to go…………Best of luck to you this semester, I am looking forward to working with you.

1. Hi Benjamin,

It’s really cool that most people can have a digital voice through platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. It’s also interesting to see the demographics of who uses what platform more and for what purposes. There are so many Fast and Furious movies (they’re making a 9th and 10th one, and if you count Hobbs and Shaw, that’s 11 movies. There’s also an animated series on Netflix called Fast & Furious Spy Racers). Cool to know that you surf!

Best of luck to you this semester, as well!

2. Alice,

I’ve only seen one of the Fast and Furious movies (the fifth one? there was a big vault being dragged through a city’s streets). As a Fast ‘n’ Furious Franchise Fan, where do you recommend I start? Which one(s) should I skip?

Best,
    Megan

PS I watched all the Resident Evil movie and I wish someone was there to tell me just to watch the first one…

1. Hi Megan,

Yes! The fifth one (Fast Five) is my FAVORITE. You should watch all of them! Fun fact: they’re not actually in order, so watch them all and try to figure out the order 😉

I’ve seen the first four Resident Evil movies, and I kind of want to watch the last two.

Best,
      Alice