The Seminarians

Day 1:  “Greetings Seminarians”.  I loved that phrase, glowing up at me from my iphone in an e-mail from Gardner Campbell as I was hurriedly walking (ironically) out of church yesterday.  It referred to a week long seminar on general education, meant to address the big and challenging questions.  What should general education look like?  What is the purpose of higher education?  And, most centrally, what is the role of digital technology in higher education?  I love the diversity of viewpoints, and I’m excited to embark on this journey with a new group of colleagues.

One thought on “The Seminarians

• June 3, 2015 at 7:44 pm

I must confess that when I see the term “seminarians” I am immediately drawn back to my college years. You see, I spent four years in a Catholic seminary studying for the priesthood, and we were called seminarians. And to this day, some 10,000 years later, I’ve never been referred to as a seminarians until this seminar. And it’s sort of like, to coin a popular movie, a “back to the future” experience. Just goes to show you that words are embedded (linked) to other dimensions of our lives. Thanks for the memory call back.
    Tim Donahue