Performance Portfolio

As a free-lancing musician I have performed in an eclectic array of venues over the years. Chamber ensemble music- making has emerged as my preference. I enjoy the entire process which entails selecting an organizing theme for a recital, the exploration and choice of both repertoire and musicians, confronting the technical challenges of learning my part of the music and then rehearsing and participating in the evolution of the performance experience with colleagues. I also conduct extensive research on the composer and historical context of each composition in order to write program notes.

Here is a selected listing of just such performances.

April 2016 – Mozart Festival RVA in Richmond, VA

August 2015 – V.C.U Faculty Recital  –  Women in Music: Letting a Long Story be Long

October 2014 – Second Sunday South of the James; The Concert Series of Bon Air Presbyterian Church

November 2013 – The Beauty of Two at Bon Air Presbyterian Church

May 2103 – Follow That Flute at Unitarian Universalist Church of Glen Allen, VA

April 2013 – John Luther Adams’ Inuksuit at University of Richmond, VA

March 2012 – Women in Music Faculty Lecture Recital at V.C.U. Performing Arts Center

September 2011 – A Tribute to Jewish Composers Recital at Richmond Jewish Community Center

November 2010 – Gellman Room Recital at Richmond Public Library

September 2010 – V.C.U. Alumni Recital

May 2010 – Virginia Commission for the Arts “Minds Wide Open” (Virginia’s Celebration of Women in the Arts)

November 2009 – Recital for “Rome Festival Sponsors” at Westminster Canterbury Richmond

June and July 2009 – Rome Festival Orchestra, Rome Italy – Principal Flute  and Featured Chamber Music Soloist

2009 – Christopher Desch Foundation Performance Grant at the four locations of the  Virginia Cancer Institute

2009 – Virginia Commission for the Arts “Musicians on Call” performance grant at the V.C.U. Medical Center.

2000 – Gellman Recital at the Richmond Public Library