The City and the City

Throughout reading the book, we find more information on Breach and its policies I technically don’t feel as if it’s morally justifiable. I feel this way because I think solving crimes would be easier and the amount of pressure on the two city’s citizens is unnecessary. By simply ignoring people who not only need help but it seems like the characters have to go through a full blown circle to find an answer. I liked the plot line but as I grew closer to the ending I begin to get frustrated with the fact that the reads don’t actually know the history between Beszel and Ul Qoma nor are we ever able to understand why they are separated. I know that Beszel was considered to be poorer than Ul Qoma but where were the two cities getting their funding from? Throughout the whole book I assumed that Breach was Orciny or Orciny was against Breach somehow and existed just for it to false which was a good plot twist however, I feel like things weren’t explained in full. I feel that Mahalia was killed unnecessarily as well as Yolanda because of the play of distrusting the infamous Breach when  in reality it was a Professor trying to make money off of selling artifacts.