Blog 10: Final Blog!

For this final blog, I wanted to write about how I am graduating in 2 weeks and all together what I learned personally from the CRJS 450 class. I just wanted to make a fun and interesting blog. I learned that no matter what information that you may think that you have deleted permanently that […]

Read more

Blog 9: Chapter 13

This week, we read chapter 13 and we read about digital forensics analysis and its made to showcase the elements of a crime in evidence from stored digital materials. a forensic analyst is asked the following questions when in court about the evidence (as stated in the textbook): When restoring a backup to another machine, […]

Read more

Blog 8: Chapter 11

This week, we read chapter 11, I learned about how there are many roles and responses to the new and growing threats because of computer crimes and terrorism. Federal agencies have responded to these threats by adding secret service, department of justice, federal bureau of investigation, the national security agency, the federal trade commission, the […]

Read more

Blog 7: California’s Privacy Laws

Article: California Now Has the Nation’s Best Digital Privacy Law Governor Jerry Brown signed a law protecting digital privacy rights. And since he has done this, California now has the best digital privacy laws in the nation. The landmark Electronic Communications Privacy act forbids any state law enforcement to search any type of electronics for […]

Read more

Blog 6

This week, I wanted to talk about cyber bullying due to the fact that I personally witnessed cyber bullying happen at the University this week. Cyber bullying not only can happen through the computer but it can also be via text message, e-mailing and what not. Not only that, If the cyber bullying goes to […]

Read more

Blog 5: Child Pornography

This week, wee read chapter 8 and chapter 8 was about sex crimes, victimization, and obscenity on the World Wide Web.   This chapter went over exploitation, stalking, and obscenity on the Internet. Victimizations also happen online. This includes threats, mean and rude comments, intimations, and threatening media online. The main people that are victims […]

Read more

Blog 4: Apple got attacked by Malware OH MY!

This week, we read chapter 7 and it was about different types of viruses and malicious coding. The section that stuck out to me the most was the explanations about the viruses and other malware.   Viruses and malware programs are usually written for advertisements, jokes, and political messages however; it can also be used […]

Read more

Blog 3: Chapters 5 and 6

This week, we read Chapters 5 and 6. In chapter 5, it talked about how technology is advancing and how it is creating and doing big things in the world that we live in. To be specific, because technology is advancing there are many ways now to catch criminals and it has gotten […]

Read more

Blog 2: Hacking

This week, Chapter 3 and 4 were explanations about why individuals do the crimes and deeply explaining hackers. The theories that were talked about were, choice theory, deterrence theory, psychological theories, social structure theories, social process theories, subculture theories and political theories and a lot of other theories that I did not mention.   Now, […]

Read more

Blog 1: Chapter 1 and 2

Because of technology booming, it is becoming easier for hackers to hack computer softwares, give viruses, attack and what not; Cybercrime keeps growing and because of this, laws should begin updating due to our changing society (Hopefully, we learn how the laws have been changing based on all of these technological crimes that are high […]

Read more