Steps to take:
- Determine eligibility for ARAC Appeal by using the criteria listed here.
- Begin gathering documentation to support your appeal.
- Print a copy of your unofficial transcript from eServices, as well as unofficial transcripts from other universities you have attended (if applicable).
- Complete the top half of the ARAC Coversheet.
- If you are seeking a retroactive withdrawal or drop, you will also need to complete the top half of a faculty memorandum form for each course being appealed, and pass the form along to your instructor(s) so they can complete the bottom half of the form on your behalf. In some cases, an e-mail with the necessary information will suffice. It is your responsibility to communicate with your instructors regarding your situation; please do not just send them a blank form with no context.
- Write a letter explaining your request using the instructions found here.
- Schedule an appointment with Lindsay Freeman to discuss your petition and letter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
The ARAC committee typically meets the second and fourth Thursdays of each month. Your completed petition will be put on the upcoming agenda as long as it’s submitted on time (12:00 noon on the Friday before the ARAC meeting). This schedule may be adjusted due to holidays, etc. You should submit your appeal to Lindsay Freeman, who is the ARAC representative for VCU Life Sciences.
Upcoming Hearing Dates
ARAC meetings are the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month unless otherwise indicated.
- April 9th
- April 23rd