social media

It is really obvious of the enormous effects that social media has on us, as a society. Especially in our generation. It is actually insane how much social media can consume us. Their is some positives that come out of social media because people are able to get careers on social media. This can be good and bad because kids could make a lot of money when they really should not be responsible for all that money. However, it is a good way for people to be successful if they do not have enough money to go to college. Or if their talent has something to do with social media. But social media is also really dangerous because it can cause us to be obsessed with other people’s lives. And basically trying to pretend like you are someone you are not. Obviously most people don’t post their mental breakdowns on social media. People typically only post the positive things in their lives and want to seem as if they are the best and happiest person in the world.

As a result of this, many people begin to compare themselves to other people that they see on social media. They compare their bodies, their followers, likes, etc. This is something extremely toxic and dangerous to young people and their self esteems.

At this point, their is not much that can be done to fix this issue that we, as a society, has created. We just have to be aware of the fact that what people post on social media is not as real as we think it is. It is only a small portion of somebody’s life. Even then, the photos are edited and the posts are tweaked with. It is just not authentic and I think that many people can forget about this factor of social media.

3 Replies to “social media”

1. Social media has changed so much. People sit and dictate peoples lives all the time on social media but don’t know the people they chose to talk about. I agree with you, That’s why people have to be careful what they put on social media because it can get you in trouble or start you off with a career.

2. I agree that social media is not always a good thing. I have become aware and also believe that it is a distraction. At times I find myself wasting time on my phone looking at social media and have a hard time putting it down. I do not really compare myself with others and I do not really get upset when I look at it. I mainly see it as a distraction. I am trying to put my phone down and not look at it as often. I do not even really post on my social media, and instead just look at memes. Hopefully something better will replace social media in the future.

3. I agree. Social media definitely has it’s dark sides when it comes to influencing people in the wrong way. At our age, there isn’t but so much we can do. When we see these social media “influencers” flaunting there latest name brands and mansions, it can make us feel like we’re not moving enough. There is always this push for instant gratification when it comes to social media. We see it, we want it. We NEED it. However, this could also be good for those who have their own businesses and want to reach their consumers better.