To learn more about rubrics, check out some of the resources below.
You can also download the Word document version of the rubrics by clicking here.
General Rubric Resources:
- Types for Rubrics from Depaul University Teaching Commons
- Overview of different types of rubrics, with examples.
- Types of Rubrics from TeachOnline@University of Wisconsin
- Offers an overview of rubrics. Additionally, the menu on the left contains information about why to use a rubric, steps, and case studies.
- Deciding Which Type of Rubric to Use from Southwestern University
- Overview of analytic and holistic rubric, with benefits and drawbacks of each.
- Resource from Carnegie Melon Everly Center
- Provides an overview with several examples at the bottom of the page.
- VALUE Rubrics from the Association of American Colleges & Universities
- VALUE stands for Valid Assessment of Learning in Undergraduate Education
- The Association of American Colleges & Universities has developed a set of rubrics with different focuses; these rubrics can be downloaded from their website.
- 6 Reasons to Try a Single-Point Rubric
- Overview of single-point rubrics with examples.
- Single Point Rubrics Coursera Course
- A detailed look at single-point rubrics.
Andrade, Heidi Goodrich (2000). Using rubrics to promote thinking and learning. Educational Leadership, 57 (5), 13-18. Retrieved from http://www.ascd.org/publications/educational-leadership/feb00/vol57/num05/Using-Rubrics-to-Promote-Thinking-and-Learning.aspx
Balch, D., Blanck, R., & Blach, D. H. (2016). Rubrics—sharing the rules of the game. Journal of Instructional Research, 5, 19-47. Retrieved from ERIC.
Brookhart, Susan M. (2013). What are rubrics and why are they important. In How to create and use rubrics. Retrieved on December 13, 2019 from http://www.ascd.org/publications/educational-leadership/oct97/vol55/num02/What’s-Wrong%E2%80%94and-What’s-Right%E2%80%94with-Rubrics.aspx
Gregory , J. (2014, September). Creating and using rubrics. Retrieved December 13, 2019, from https://ctl.iupui.edu/Resources/Assessing-Student-Learning/Creating-and-Using-Rubrics.
Popham, James W. (1997, October). What’s wrong—and what’s right—with rubrics. Educational Leadership, 55 (2). Retrieved December 13, 2019 from http://www.ascd.org/publications/educational-leadership/oct97/vol55/num02/What’s-Wrong%E2%80%94and-What’s-Right%E2%80%94with-Rubrics.aspx