How having a positive mind set can change how you see the world

I have learned that when you have a positive mind set you feel as if you are on top of the world and that you can accomplish anything. It can be hard to keep a positive mind set when you feel as if things are not going your way. But when you feel like that […]

Read more

Preparing for finals

The semester is starting to come to a close and everyone is feeling stressed out because of finals. I think that it is important for everyone to maintain their sanity and try to keep up with self care and to stay positive. I have learned that around the end of the semester it can be […]

Read more

How College can make you grow as a person

As my Freshman year comes to an end, I can say that I have grown as a person a lot. When I say this I mean that I have matured, become more focused on my future, and more confident about who I am becoming. A lot of people that I know who went to college […]

Read more

The unpredictable weather and how it can impact your mood

The weather lately has been very unpredictable, it will be sunny and feel amazing outside for a few days then it becomes cold and rainy the next couple of days. A lot of people take advantage of the hot days and wear shorts and all these different summer clothes and enjoy the weather. But in […]

Read more

Transition from High School to College

There are a lot of people who have a difficult time trying to transition from high school to college. A lot of that has to do with how exactly their high school prepared them for high education, and that can vary from each high school because every place is different. With that being said it […]

Read more

What is a “good conversation”?

I believe that a good conversation consists of everyone in the conversation engaging in active communication. There are many ways for this to happen like: bring up new topics, ask questions, show interest, and try to relate to the other individuals. For example, when it comes to bringing up new ideas it is just as […]

Read more

Something In the Water Festival

There is a festival called Something In the Water that Pharrell has planned at oceanfront during beach weekend. This festival has caused a lot of talk among people who live in Virginia. The reason for this is because Virginia Beach does not really get put on the map a lot when it comes to well […]

Read more

Traffic, Traffic, Traffic

Traffic has to be the most annoying thing on Earth, as I am sitting here in traffic typing this blog it made me think about how exactly traffic can occur. I came to the realizations that traffic can occur from: car accidents, people driving slow, amount of cars on a particular path, and time of […]

Read more

Balancing it all

Many people who attend college have the difficult issue of trying to balance it all. I know that for me it can be difficult to balance hanging with friends, getting work done, and having time to myself. It is almost like you know you should be doing your homework and studying but at the same […]

Read more

Eating healthy and working out

Many individuals struggle to eat healthy, because they give us so many unhealthy options that taste better than some fruits and vegetables.  I know personally for me I can say that I am the kind of person that can stay healthy and workout for a short amount of time then I go back to my […]

Read more