I love (one) Woman

I love (one) woman— Winona Ryder, of course. Queen. I rewatched the 1994 Little Women on this rainy (but also sunny???) day we had in Richmond. Every-time I see young Winona Ryder act, it never disappoints. I watched Heathers and Edward Scissor Hands a few weeks ago and loved them, as always. The 1994 Little […]… Read More I love (one) Woman

My Brilliant Career

My Brilliant Career appeared to me as Little Women if it had only focused on Jo. Overall the plot, at it’s base, is quite similar. A girl growing into a women wishes to be something other than what society expects of her. Both have artistic aspirations, and wealthy acquaintances whose values and lifestyles juxtapose free spirit with […]… Read More My Brilliant Career

Paper Anxiety

So as it usually happens, the anxiety regarding the first paper made it seem much more daunting of a task than it actually ended up being. I struggled with settling on a scene/ passage to analyze, so eventually I picked Laurie’s love confession scene since that was a pivotal moment in both the films and […]… Read More Paper Anxiety

Weekly Blog Post

Okayyyy so last week we pretty much just worked on out adaptation essays and I’ll have to admit, I am kind of nervous to see what I get on the assignment. I am hoping I did okay because I really need a good grade so that my overall grade won’t deteriorate because then I will […]… Read More Weekly Blog Post

energy drink plus coffee is maybe not the best idea but it’s what i’ve created for the atmosphere in this blog tonight

Honestly, I’m doing horrifically bad coming up with things to talk about in this blog. All I’ve been doing is listening to Fall Out Boy’s entire discography on loop. I should really make a Little Women playlist or something, just for the vibes of it all, but the probability of it coming out 95% early […]… Read More energy drink plus coffee is maybe not the best idea but it’s what i’ve created for the atmosphere in this blog tonight

Having a Great Time

I’m sorry if this blog is especially dry tonight as I am struggling a little bit to come up with anything especially resonant or interesting to say. My last week has been largely uneventful, but not exactly in a good way. School continues to beat me with a lead pipe while my anxiety and boredom […]… Read More Having a Great Time

Little women

I want us to discuss the scene from the 1949 version of little women. I want to talk about the scene which was titled can you learn to love me. In this scene we saw the impact family has on who you can love and be with. We saw the impact of that had on […]… Read More Little women

The Avian Author As Avatar – The Debate That Doesn’t Exist (Week 10 Reflection)

“What is witnessed, but never seen?” “What is set in stone, yet endlessly redefined?” “What is the biggest three letter word in english…” “That at the same time, means nothing?” *Full disclosure, the mad ramblings in this post are 100% inspired by Innuendo Studios’ video “Tomatoes, Or How Not to Define ‘Art’” video. Link right…here! […]… Read More The Avian Author As Avatar – The Debate That Doesn’t Exist (Week 10 Reflection)

Passion Required

I didn’t expect to like either of the television adaptations we looked at in class last week. To my surprise, the 1978 version might be my favorite adaptation we have studied so far. And it seems to me this comes down to passion. While the Katharine Hepburn certainly didn’t lack it, the two that followed […]… Read More Passion Required

I needed to take a week of silence for this movie (Queen & Slim spoilers)

Last Sunday, I had Queen and Slim, and found myself so moved I couldn’t bring myself to speak. It’s a truly masterful film, the cinematography is beautiful, and even with a sad ending the entire journey feels worth it somehow.  That’s the thing about writing a story without a happy ending, the journey one the […]

Read More…

Read More I needed to take a week of silence for this movie (Queen & Slim spoilers)