Connecting Peer’s Nuggets

I do not know the name of this person, but their topic is really interesting in the fact that it is really different. It makes me feel less worried about my topic, because mine is so different. I always thought that online shopping was fairly safe, but lord don’t tell my grandma how low the risks are!…

Connecting Nuggets

Fisheries and sustainable resources of the ocean are important. Roughly 25% of the protein used by people comes from fish. So many fish have been taken from the ocean that the fish populations have collapsed almost everywhere. The loss of fish changes the marine food webs. Changing food webs affect other life and processes in…

Nuggeting Sources

When I picked my primary sources, I found 4, one of those being a debate website that holds as part of a counterargument. I decided that since I have a more science-y topic and Dr. Becker asked if counterarguments were available, I should go ahead and do a nugget on it. Think of the long…

Finalizing My Dream

I think that Harpreet and Thien from our section fit best with mine. Harpreet because of personal views and technological advancements. Thien because of communication, advancements, and views. I went on Thought Vectors to find the two others (irritating by far to find specific posts) and found that Tiera and Jayden are similar to mine. Tiera mainly because we used the same authors…

Mapping My Dreamers

For my synthesis I chose Nelson, Goldberg, and Bush. I connected them with the five concepts: communication, benefits of computers, older generations/computer incompetent people’s view on technology, technological advancements/steps towards advancements, and brain processes/personal connections. These five concepts were put under the central topic of technology and its effects on humans and all around…

Progress Report 2

Although it does not say it for this week, I wanted to go ahead and post a progress report. I feel that recently with Dr. Becker posting to us to comment on others gives me a more solid ground when it compares with the syllabus. I feel that I am navigating better. I would really…

Personal Dynamic Media

The particular example captured in the pictures shows patients lining up for service in emergency. It indicates that there is insufficient staff available in that important area. I picked this as my nugget, because of how short staffed the emergency room actually is. We should all know how long it takes to wait to be…

Creating a Heuristic

I am studying x technology used to study the ocean because I want to find out y  (what, how, why) how understanding the oceans is beneficial to us in order to help my readers z  understand that not all technological advances are negative   Link to my Inquiry Project post.    

Creating A Fantic Blog Site

I do not really like the blog set up for rampages. I am used to Tumblr and MySpace (yes, old MySpace) how you can edit every single aspect of the blog. Depending on the theme you chose, there were not many options to what you could really edit. I put a background image and a…

Computer Lib/Dream Machine

Computers are simply a necessary and enjoyable part of life, like food and books. Computers are not everything, they are just an aspect of everything, and not to know this is computer illiteracy, a silly and dangerous ignorance.   I think that this really hits home with today’s society. I see a lot of people…