Computer Lib/Dream Machine

Computers are simply a necessary and enjoyable part of life, like food and books. Computers are not everything, they are just an aspect of everything, and not to know this is computer illiteracy, a silly and dangerous ignorance.

I think that this really hits home with today’s society. I see a lot of people who “can’t live” without their computers. I think that we indulge way too much on computers and have started to rely on them to function. Even though I like to do some things on computers, I do not think that it is really that enjoyable. I get headaches if I stare at the screen too long, my back aches if I don’t sit properly. I might get caught up on stupid crap while needing to actually get something done. When I was about 11 was when I started to do things on the computer more and more and by the time I hit high school I was pretty “internet is my life.” By the time I was half way through my junior year, I really started to hate computers. Instead of them being convenient to finding information or social media, they have actually become a part of how we function. They are becoming everything. I do not have one class that does not require the usage of computers. All of my homework is on the computer. I am a kinetic learner, typing does not register in my brain for long term. Applications are online. Medical records/services are online for your basic family physician.