Mapping My Dreamers

synthesize

For my synthesis I chose Nelson, Goldberg, and Bush. I connected them with the five concepts: communication, benefits of computers, older generations/computer incompetent people’s view on technology, technological advancements/steps towards advancements, and brain processes/personal connections. These five concepts were put under the central topic of technology and its effects on humans and all around development.

I chose the topic title that I did because they all talk about different ways that computers have advanced us and how we interact and process the information from these advances.

For the concepts I chose them because:

-communication: we all communicate with or about technology. Some ways we help each other and some ways we don’t. Technology helps us express ourselves as well, which is a type of communication.

-benefits: each author had different but similar ideas as to why we should use computers (aka their benefits)

-computer incompetent: some people don’t understand or are unwilling to understand computers/technology and each author covered why they think so. It is important to know, because it may differ or be the same as your opinion of technology

-advancements: each had one or more different ideas/concepts/advances that help technology improve which ties into the “all around development” (which I hope is self-explanatory)

-brain processes: we all have some kind of effect from computers, whether it is the way we process information or how we respond to it

One thought on “Mapping My Dreamers

1. “communication, benefits of computers, older generations/computer incompetent people’s view on technology, technological advancements/steps towards advancements, and brain processes/personal connections.”

I’m having a hard time thinking about communication as somehow separate from the “benefits of computers”. In other words, I see communication as one of the many benefits of computers. Same with technological advancements… how is that a distinct theme from the benefits of computers?

Basically, I think this could have used another pass at synthesis. That is, faced with a body of evidence, once themes are gleaned, if there are similar themes, another pass at synthesis would combine those themes.